What does tofu taste like?

1110

Most Helpful Guy

• That depends on how it is prepared.

In the Philippines, we have a snack called "Taho" (Tah-HO"), composed of the very soft type of tofu, syrup, and chewy tapioca. While I have tried to replicate it in the U. S. (and failed), it is utterly delicious.
    upload.wikimedia.org/.../1024px-Taho2.jpg

Cooked also in Japanese "Sukiyaki",...
    s17-us2.ixquick.com/.../serveimage
    Chinese Twice Cooked Tofu,...
    s16-us2.ixquick.com/.../serveimage
    or simply fired and eaten with soy sauce and wasabi...
    www.seriouseats.com/.../...umb-625xauto-172974.jpg

It absorbs whatever flavor it is cooked with. With different cooking methods, you can get different textures. Whatever way it is cooked (if cooked correctly), it tastes awesome.

• You can look for taiwanese food shop maybe there is Taho.

• @ibodi While I (so far as I know) there is no Taiwanese store in my region, I have been able to find an equivalent in this huge Chinese market 10 min.'s from my home.

It's not the same: The tapioca is HUGE (the size for bubble tea) and the syrup isn't as dark or thick, but it still tastes awesome!