Would you spend a $100 food budget in this way?

$18- 2 big punnets of strawberries

$12- A 1 kilogram bag of cherries

$15- A 1 kilogram bag of green grapes

$15- A bag of pistachios

$10- Assorted chocolate treats

$20- Two big fillets of John Dory fish

$10- Buckwheat and Lentils

https://www.visitmorningtonpeninsula.org/image.ashx?path=https://visitmorningtonpeninsula.org/members/uploads/7061350292462.jpg&w=650

I got eggs and onions as well to make lentil burgers :)

Most Helpful Girl

• Close, replace the grapes with mangos and the JD with chicken and we're in business 💗

• You are invited for dinner and dessert anytime.

Chicken curry for dinner and cherry pie for dessert :p

• Why not, combine two things you enjoy 😊 Good for the soul

• yes, i will liberally indulge

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 16

• I'm feeling more hungry lol

Those cherries though @cavmanier

• strawberries yes
    pistachios yes
    fish yes
    chocolates yes
    throw everything else away and fill in with chocolate

• I like you, I like you a lot ;)

• a ton of fruit orchards around, plums, cherries, nectarines just sold on the roadside all summer long and apples late summer and fall

• We have orchards here as well but still very expensive

• Uh. Is that 100 for a month or a week?
    I'd buy strawberries in season. I don't know how much a punnet is but I usually buy like, 2 lbs for 3$-4$. Eat some and make preserves of the rest.
    I can't eat cherries though, super allergic.
    Are you going to chocolate cover the strawberries and cherries? Lol.

If that were my budget, about 50$ would be on coffee. Rofl.

• A week, fruit is very expensive here

i make jams and pies with the fruit

• Sorry - did you really mean peculated? Or percolated? Because I mean, cool, to either.

And sorry, to hear that.

• Yes, percolated, excuse my absence of spelling :p

• Depends on where you live. Here in Ohio I can stretch $100 a lot farther than that and still get a lot of fresh produce.

• Australia, seems much more expensive here :(

• Haha! Yeah, maybe not to Cleveland, though. ;)
      Only thing is, seafood is expensive here. That Dory would probably have cost me at least twice as much.

• yeah but if thats normal prices you probably get paid better so it's probably more or less the same just seems like more without knowing what min. wage and stuff is.

• sounds good
    except the fish. I don't know what kind of fish is that. lol I would go for tuna or salmon.

And if I could add some more money, I would buy pure honey, green olives, olive, pomegranate, and green tea

• that'd only last me half a week tho

• where do you shop?
    the price of the fruits seem like rip-offs
    otherwise, good list
    as for me, i'd switch out the grapes for some more meat

• yeah ı would

• I'd get fish but no fruits. Maybe some more meats and sides to go with.

• No I need meat :(

• Where are you from? Where I am from cherries are $3.00, grapes are $2.00, chocolate is $4.00, fish is $1 - $20, pistachios are $20, Lentils are about $4 - $6.

• Melbourne, Australia

• I visited Australia last year. Their food is more expensive then Canada. I think they charged $16.00 for potatoes at a chinese reataurant there and here potatoes can be purchased at a restaurant for $2.00. Good luck to you and make sure you eat protein!

• no. there are not enough meats or vegetables in this list.

• animals are my friends :)

• i feel bad eating them, hence lentil burgers

• i understand. however, i do not feel bad because i know that if i was out in the wild, they would eat us. it's the circle of life. we eat them, they eat us as well as other prey, and the other prey eat the grass and plants.

• Sounds good!

• Pretty healthy, so yeah! Minus the chocolate. But I do understand your thing for fruit. Lol

• it would be worse if plums were available and gooseberries, i would blow 200 bucks :P

• Wow. Okay... well... your guys' minimum wage is around double ours so I guess that makes sense.

• Yes, we get paid well. Minimum wage here by memory is nearly 17 bucks an hour.

i get paid $48 bucks an hour for casual teaching

• eDepends on where you are. I prefer to buy things in season as they are chaper... I eat very healthy but make my lists based off what is currently growing where I am as far as produce goes... cherries and grapes are not in season here so I wouldn't be spending that much on them esp. with a 100$ budget. love me some lentils go and they are pretty cheap here.

• lentil burgers... yum!!!

• That sounds like a healthy diet. I would spend my food budget this way.

• The cherries are so moorish

They are going down quicker than a beer in a dust storm

What Guys Said 10

• Based on the fact that you're concerned about your budget, I imagine you're trying to make this last for a while?

If that is the case, strawberries and cherries do not last. Oranges have a great shelf life assuming you treat them well, so I'd substitute that in. Pistachios are just about one of the most expensive nuts you can buy at a normal grocery store, so unless a recipe you're using calls for them specifically, I'd substitute a cheaper legume. Cashews are good, as are walnuts. Chicken is generally better than fish as it's cheaper, and the leftovers are easier to use. You can make wraps, salads, sandwiches, etc. Lentils are a very budget friendly food. Good call there.

• $15 for 2.2lbs of apples is a ripoff! :-/

$12 for 2.2lbs of cherries is a ripoff too!

--------

Message me and i'll tell u how to shop for food! :-D

• I like the fruit and

• Nope. For starters the price for grapes is about 3 times the high price for grapes here... The way I shop, I can get food for several months for $100. That looks like a bunch of perishable snacks.

• Seems decent enough yeah.

• Young Padawan I need your guidance

A Chiefs versus Seatle Superbowl?

• Hah alright you got yourself a deal.

• and you might change your mind once a tornado over a mile long is coming towards you.

• Not my kind of diet. :p

• Yisss

• Good for you eating fruit and what not

• That's a lot of perishable food... and not that nutritionally balanced. So long as you can eat it all without it going bad...

• embarrassingly, the cherries are nearly all gone , lol

• I hope they were pitted or that would have been time consuming and annoying in equal measure! I like the jumbo seedless red grapes myself.

• i have mastered eating the cherry and spitting out the pip

• I would not