How hot is the Ghost pepper hot sauce?

I just got a couple bottles of Habanero hot sauce and I'm unfazed by it, it's just a little warm. Do you think I can take on the Ghost pepper? How hot is it?

- - - - - -
--- - - - -

Most Helpful Girl

• I like really spicy things I might could handle it

Most Helpful Guy

• I haven't tried the hot sauce but have tried ghost pepper covered peanuts. I can only eat three before I say fuck that shit. I have some Carolina Reaper peanut brittle but haven't built up the courage to try it yet. I think ghost peppers are around 1 million scoville units and habanero is around 250,000-500,00. So it should be about twice as hot.

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 4

• pretty much any pepper can be spicy. It depends on the concentration of it. Grain for grain, i think ghost pepper is a bit spicier than habenero, though. But really, peppers are for flavor more so than heat. I like the flavor of habenero more than ghost pepper, myself. But I like ghost peppers more than jalapeno, so..

• Well sauce isn't actually rated because how much of the pepper and/or seeds are used and what other ingredients are included can make a sauce hotter or much more mild. The scale for rating the heat in peppers is the Scoville scale. Jalapeno peppers are rated at 10,000 units of heat, Cayenne peppers are rated at 50,000 units, Habanero peppers at 100,000 units and Ghost peppers are rated at 1,000,000 units of heat.

• Very hot

• It's a pretty massive jump from habanero to ghost pepper lol