850 calorie intake a day okay?

Is 850 calories a day okay to have?

Most Helpful Guy

• If you're trying to lose weight then yes

• yes but that much of a calorie decifict can be dangerous

• as eager as people are to loose weight with such a low calorie intake a lot of musle gets lost too. I'm not one to speak though I'm on a 1400 kcal deficit with a lot of cardio

• @IphantomI yeah I wouldn't want to lose muscle though, I guess lowering carbs and not so low on the calories is a better way. I can't even stay below 2000 these days, lol

Most Helpful Girl

• That is way too low
    Read the book Smart People Don't Diet by Charlotte Market
    It will give you step by step guide to be healthy

What Guys Said 10

• Normally I would have no qualms with eating low amounts, because some people simply have very low BMRs. However, if your BMR is only 850 calories, you must be a twig - in which case you should be eating above your BMR to gain weight anyway.

• no you will shut down your metabolism and may develop an eatin disorder and if you do your life will be an HELL. Just make sure to fucking eat at least 1500kcal a day

• No...

• Thats not enough. The body will go in survival mode to store fat as energy for long term survival.

• not really, if you want to lose fat, eat less carbs

• that is too much low.

• no !

• I have at least 2500 a day

• No. You will get super sick, feel like shit, and need to see a doctor.

• Super sick as in skinny?

• Well partly, yes. You will be malnourished. Also there's a greater chance of getting sick in general when you're at unhealthy weights either too fat or too skinny

• do you know what happens to your body when you reduce you nutrition. Look at a video, and look at before and after pictures of people who dont take care of their self. Being skinny doesn't mean you are healthy.

What Girls Said 1

• Depends on why and your current weight. Also factors like active level throughout the day. I'd say no, but I lack important details.