Do you like Southwestern cuisine?

do you like Southwestern cuisine?

Me, My parents lived in New Mexico and freaking loved everything about it from the food to the land.
If I'd been born a little earlier I would have been born in New Mexico
  • Yes
    Vote A
  • No
    Vote B
  • never had it (TRY IT!)
    Vote C
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy
Updates:
*American Southwest

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I kind of like it, especially the whole green vs. red chile thing that they have going on in Arizona and New Mexico. The stuff isn't particularly spicy but what I always found fascinating is that on the menus down there, I always see warnings saying "no refunds" for being too spicy. I mean, I don't think anyone on the west coast would ever have the gall to ask for a refund because a spicy dish that they ordered (which was advertised as being spicy) was too spicy. Is asking for refunds a thing in the Southwest?

0|1
    0|0
    • its a thing everywhere customers complain

• I don't think so. You go to California, Oregon, or Washington and that warning is never on the menus at places that serve spicy cuisine!

Most Helpful Girl

• Fucking of course are you kidding me? The only people I've met who don't are certain Brits. The same Brits that won't eat Indian food even though the U. K. Has amazing Indian food.

0|1
    0|0
    • I can't eat spicy things. I'm English and I'm too white for curry 😒 Unfortunately, I wasn't blessed with being able to handle anything spicy! I do acknowledge that we have good Indians here but that's a given! I love a Chinese tho!

• Show All
    • Not sure why it didn't at you.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Yes, I like southwestern cuisine. We southwesterners invented Cornish pasties, beans on toast, Devonshire/Cornish cream teas. We have it so good! :P (Haha, specify which country!)

0|1
    0|0
    • that actually sounds much more bland than the food of the American southwest

• yeah, lighter but not less delicious. I have never had south-western cuisine, it looks delicious. I was just messing with you. You must understand that on this site, about half of you are Americans and so us non-Americans always have to check to make sure what you are talking about. We usually specify what we are on about because we have to, but you guys just post it. haha, I mean well, I am not ranting and getting upset about it, I am just having fun with the unbalanced situation. :D

• What distinguishes Southwestern food from Mexican food?

0|1
    0|0
  • Is that liek Tex-mex? Not sure what you mean by southwestern cuisine?

0|1
    0|0
    • no tex-mex is something else,
      Southwestern cuisine is the food of Arizona, New Mexico, and Nevada

• Show All
    • im sure the authentic stuff is way better... i used to go skiing in red river, was the closest ski sloped to texas, also been to santa fe a few times, lovely area

• Yes Tex-Mex is something else. Tex-Mex is actually getting to he point that it needs to be divided into other categories. It varies vastly across the state.

I guess if you have to be fair Tex-Mex really only exists in San Antonio. There is no Tex-Mex in El Paso or West Texas.

Dallas tries at it but it just doesn't work. Austin is Fresca Tex-Mex and then embraces all kinds of other Latin culture Foods as does Houston. Houston has Korean-Mex, Cajun-Mex in addition to Tex-Mex. Cajun-Mex is pretty damn good.

• You can't get New Mexican style food in Los Angeles anymore. I used to live by the last place around before it closed and it was incredible.

0|1
    0|0
  • I'm sure it's good, but I'm in the part of Texas that's super close to Louisiana. I have TexMex and Creole Food and I'm sure I'd like what I have now so much more.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yea it's pretty good stuff. It's like Tex mex right

0|1
    0|0
  • I don't really know what type of typical dishes they have over there, as far as I know, I haven't tried it.

0|1
    0|0
  • It's alright, not bad, not great. Personally I prefer New Orleans cuisine, it's much more interesting. Oysters Rockefeller and Jambalaya 😍

0|1
    0|0
  • I don't think I've ever had something like that but from the look of it, it doesn't seem appealing.

0|0
    0|0
  • Hell yes <3

0|1
    0|0
  • Good stuff.

0|1
    0|0
  • Sometimes. I don't like spicy food.

0|1
    0|0
  • Ehhh. Not really had it. Probably not tho

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes, its very good.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yasss, it's so good.

0|1
    0|0
  • never had it, any recommendation?

0|1
    0|0
  • I'm more for just plain southern food.

0|1
    0|0
  • eww. looks gross

0|1
    0|0
  • Fuck yes

0|1
    0|0
  • hell yea

0|0
    0|0
  • No because people who eat it must be racist