Does it matter if your significant other can't cook?

Would you date someone who can't cook? Or do you not care? Any cooking stories? Comment below! Does it matter if your significant other can't cook??
  • Oh, it matters!
    Vote A
  • Either you can or can't, I do not mind...
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|1

Most Helpful Guy

• It's not a major obstacle although I would question why any adult couldn't cook to at least a basic level. It's pretty much an essential life skill and I would struggle to view someone as very competent without it.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I couldn't careless if he couldn't cook. Cooking is a bonus. Not something I look for in a partner.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• it doesn't matter but for me if he knows how to cook is like a VeRY BIG Point because i love men who cooks esp when they are cooking they shine brightly and if he doesn't no problem i will cook for him its not a big deal

0|0
    0|0
  • My boyfriend sucks at cooking but it's fun teaching him so I don't really care. I love cooking for people anyway.

1|0
    0|0
  • It depends, for me no since I can cook and good enough at it lol , but if for any reason I couldn't be there to cook and might do it on her own for other people, future sons and so on, it would matter since she might learn it.

0|0
    0|0
  • Not one bit, I like to cook personally. Her not being able to gives me a range of options; Having fun teaching her, or cooking for her myself

1|0
    0|0
  • It does matter to me. I love to cook and do the majority of cooking but I don't bake. I don't like cooking all the time and it is nice to have someone that can cook or bake things I can't

0|0
    0|0
  • It matters. What kind of adult doesn't know how to cook? How am I supposed to leave her alone with our future kids if she can't even feed them?

0|0
    0|0
  • She gets major bonus points if she can cook well, but if she can't that's not going to sway me from dating her.

0|0
    0|0
  • I would prefer takeout anyway. I'd be okay with getting Chinese every night.

0|0
    0|0
  • Luckily he knows how to cook so that's a bonus for me. Whenever he needs help with cooking certain things he'll ask me for help. :)

0|0
    0|0
  • yes but , im a great cook so i just dont want a woman that constantly want me to feed her like a baby bird.

1|0
    0|0
  • I prefer someone who knows how to cook because i don't and i like good food lol
    but its not a deal breaker if they can't

0|0
    0|0
  • I would be okay if I had a boyfriend who didn't know how to cook. But if he does, then it's a plus.

0|0
    0|0
  • I have to ask, is he unwilling to learn how to cook? What about cleaning, laundry, etc?

0|0
    0|0
  • I definitely take it into an account, but that in no way shape or form would change their "rating"

0|1
    0|0
  • I don't mind having a Significant Other who couldn't cook, i could teach her how to cook.

1|0
    0|0
  • Honestly yes.

I prefer it if my partner has basic life skills.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's a bonus if he can cook but in the big picture it matters little.

0|0
    0|0
  • i can hardly cook.. i need a girlfriend who can feed me.. lol

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes it matters because its a basic life skill.

0|1
    0|0
  • I'm a pretty good cook myself.

0|0
    0|0
  • personally no. but thats because i can cook

0|0
    0|0
  • gives me more motivation to

0|0
    0|0
  • i pray to god that i want an SO who can cook for me. i can compromise on sex a few times but i need good after working 12 hours a day.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes