If you could open up your own resturaunt, What would your theme be and what kinda food would you serve?

I would go with a geeky/nerdy theme like disney, Cartoons, videogames, Star Wars etc... But serve Southern Comfort Food staples like Fried Chicken, Country Fried Steak, Burgers, ribs, BBQ (Carolina Style), Seafood, Cajun dishes, Calabash Style food etc.. Kinda similar to Cracker Barrel, Shoneys etc.. But serve alcohol like TGIFridays, and serve breakfast all daylike Ihop or Waffle House.

3|1

Most Helpful Guy

• I remember making one of these business plans for Econ in high school. I'd have a seafood bar and grill sort of thing (let's see if I remember full details). However, it was gonna be different. Open mic (might limit it to just music and poetry as often times people go to vent and it may not always be appropriate; for a restaurant, at least) nights on Friday; Celtic punk rock/Celtic rock playing over the speakers. Give it a more overseas feel. I think I separated the rooms of where the bar is and where the stage would be. You can still order food on the bar side. Our food would span across the ocean, bringing people things from salmon to swordfish. Orange roughy, tilefish, haddock, catfish. Scallops, oysters, shellfish, mussels. Maybe even sushi. Still debating that one. I wanted it to attract a more creative crowd, but also invite others. I was thinking of possibly dropping the bar to make it more family friendly.

0|1
    0|0
    • Not saying people don't take their kids to places that have bars, but ya know, they're not the best things to have your kids see and be curious about. And, as for breakfast, I was thinking of adding variety to appeal to the various parts of the day (stray from flat out seafood, but I dunno).

Most Helpful Girl

• Somebody already stole my brilliant idea. There's a restaurant chain mostly in NH but moving into MA that serves only macaroni and cheese. My restaurant would celebrate the art of baked mac & cheese in many varieties.

Mr Macs beat me to it though. Their mac & cheese isn't as good as mine and it's expensive, but it's a fun place to go. https://mr-macs.com

My second choice would be a grilled cheese restaurant but I think that's been done too (in NYC).

0|2
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• 0|1
    0|0
    • Looks like something that could go great in a quiet little Country Town.

• Creepy/Horror theme and I would serve desserts mostly that look like: s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/.../...9e6f296eee.jpg

0|1
    0|0
  • It'd be kinda like a rock-inspired restaurant and I'd literally serve whatever crazy stuff I could come up with that I'd wanna eat. Lol. Oh, and of course a bar.

0|1
    0|0
  • It would be some sort of tropical theme. And I'd have island food like from Hawaii or Jamaica.

Or a sports themed restaurant and have all sorts of "super bowl" type of food with screens everywhere. Like a sports bar.

Last a cutesy bakery that will make you sick when you walk in because it's so damn cute. Only serve the best homemade desserts and pastries from scratch.

0|1
    0|0
  • I've alawys been fascinated by old Damascus houses.. I mean they are big and have a fountain in the middle of it.. everything about it makes me feel cozy.. so there's a thing that was going on in Syria is that the old houses turned to restaurants.. so I think I might do this one day !

0|1
    0|0
  • That would depend on the location and the sort of people living there.
    A Star Wars themed restaurant would be cool for me too being a star wars fan myself. Otherwise I would do something more classy.

0|1
    0|0
  • I would like to have a food cart and live near a school.
    When school gets out, I would sell the food then.
    A specific thing for each of the 5 weekdays.
    BBQ hotdogs
    Spaghetti
    Pizza
    Cooked Ham Sandwiches
    Ice Cream bowls with Magic Shell
    If I could find a reasonably priced home within 1 or 2 blocks from a school, I would do that.

0|1
    0|0
  • I'd open up restaurant that serves Japanese food. It would either have a Japanese theme with a traditional Japanese dining table or have the​ abiance of a regular restaurant. The music played would be regular local music or western music. I would also offer home delivery and allow people to book a section of the restaurant or the full restaurant for a day for birthdays, office parties, baby showers, weddings, etc. . Can't think of anything else right now.

0|1
    0|0
  • Sushi. Not just because i love it, but think of all the time saved by not cooking? Id call my restaurant Dories Dinner, after I applied for Disney rights 😊

0|1
    0|0
  • I love to open up a cafe, where's various selection of pastry, cakes and dessert in the place, and also good coffee/tea, good choice of breakfast/munchies for hang out. it's wouldn't be a restaurant, just a chill place to hang out and share good food

0|1
    0|0
  • I would love a cozy little cafe. Lots of little hiding places, oversized soft chairs. Books cases full of books and magazines. I would serve all kinds of coffee and frozen drinks. Plus yummy baked items and sandwiches and soups

0|1
    0|0
  • there's actually a breakfast place called superchefs that is comic-book super hero themed and it's the best thing ever.

0|1
    0|0
  • Food that just looks good. I want a cute or pastel theme, like the sprinkles you see on smoothies and stuff. I want it to be affordable though.

0|1
    0|0
  • I always thought it'd be super cool to have a restaurant where people can grab a sticky note on our store front of what they want and we can make it for them and have that dish feature!

1|1
    0|0
  • My theme would be a vintage/artsy Ice parlor and I would serve soft served ice cream and old specialty milk shakes.

0|2
    0|0
  • I would love a Krusy Krab seafood themed one, but maybe variety food with video games and physical games/things

0|1
    0|0
  • Working on a real concept, so not giving away any ideas!!! get your own!! :)

0|0
    0|0
  • My area is severely lacking in Indian food, I'd open up a takeout-style Indian food restaurant!

0|1
    0|0
  • Mine would be a restaurant with classic European interior design, and its specialty is buffet.

0|1
    0|0
  • southeast Asian comfort food with a limited selection menu

0|1
    0|0
  • i want to start a tea shop and make it like an apothecary

0|1
    0|0
  • A meat only restaurant.

No veggies, no breads.

Huge varieties of meat dishes.

Oh, and desserts.

It'd be a gym-theme, like barbells and weights everywhere.

0|0
    0|0
  • i'm being completely bias and would have southern food. The theme would have to be local and full of history of the local community.

0|0
    0|0
  • It would be an all around the world restaurant whose layout is shaped like the world, and you sit at the part of the world whose food you want to eat. And the part of the world you sit at is decorated with themes of that part of the world. And periodically there is an announcement over the loud speaker that the US has gone to war with North Korea. If you are sitting at the US, you need to you need to go to war (by playing the card game war) with Kim Jong Un, who is just an employee at the North Korea part of the restaurant. If you beat him ten times in a row you get a free drink or meal. Also, if you are at a different part of the world and you come to aid the US and successfully do so, you get a free drink or meal (or side dish if meals are too expensive for the restaurant to give out for free)

0|0
    0|0
  • Bakery with a NYC theme

0|1
    0|0
  • I'd serve healthy comfort food.
    :)

0|1
    0|0
  • cute fruits parlour
    strawberry parfait ♡

0|1
    0|0
  • I would do burgers and be 1990 themed.

0|1
    0|0
  • healthy foods

0|0
    0|0
  • I would serve seafood

1|0
    0|0
  • cookies

0|0
    0|0
  • classic theme..