Substitute for Mirin?

"Mirin is an essential condiment used in Japanese cuisine. It is a type of rice wine similar to sake, but with a lower alcohol content and higher sugar content" -Google
Okay, is there a substitute for Mirin? I know it's wine but i can't do wine or alcohol since im still underage. I want to try cooking tamogoyaki, a Japanese omelet. I want to find something similar to Mirin with NO wine, sake, alcohol.. etc.. in it. I can't find the non-alcoholic kind in the stores so i'm in a bit in a trouble. If you guys can give me an answer, i'll appreciate it very much.
Thank you if you help.

44

Most Helpful Guy

• Buy white cooking wine ( I really don't think you need an ID for this) and add an extra teaspoon. Of sugar for each tablespoon of wine. Or you can use rice wine vinegar, not to be confused with rice vinegar. Good luck.

Most Helpful Girl