If prunes are dried plums, where does prune juice come from?

Seriously? How even?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• "The Basic Prune Juice Manufacturing Process

1. The prunes are washed and placed in a cooking tank along with the appropriate quantity of water.

2. The contents of the cook tank are then heated and stirred until the prunes mostly dissolve and the sugars go into the water to make juice. This can take from several hours to as much as a half a day (12 hours).

3. If viscosity reduction is required, enzyme is added at this point.

4. The juice is then strained or filtered to remove the pits and the un-dissolved solids.

5. The finished juice is then canned, bottled or made into prune juice concentrate.

6. For canning and bottling, the process is a hot fill and hold at 190°F. "

2|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Prune juice doesn't come from prunes. The government wants you to believe that it does but they know that it is made from the sour breast milk of radical feminists and has been put into society to eliminate the patriarchy. Also, it was used in the destruction of the twin towers and Hillary Clinton uses it to abort baby squirrels.

FACTS.

2|1
    0|0
  • well its not prune juice thing coming from that would be juice like till they dry it out like apple juice or orange juice and they also have plum juice that does not come from dehydration

www.thegrocerygirls.com/.../7VL87.jpg.jpg

0|0
    0|0
  • Probably from the same place baby oil comes from... :)

On a more serious note, prunes are actually dried prune plums, which is a certain type of plum. I'm assuming prune juice comes from prune plums, but I could be wrong

1|0
    0|0
  • You've blown my mind

1|1
    0|0

Recommended myTakes