So, what's the point of drinking coffee?

Flavorless, and dull. Never understood why so many people like it. And the myth about "waking you up" is just bullshit. If you feel sleepy, even if you drink the half of the jar, won't help you.

0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• Call me odd, but I have been drinking coffee since I was 8. Especially in the winter months, it was nice to carry a metal Thermos full of coffee walking to school. Which also made a great weapon when other kids tried to beat me up, but I digress. Ha ha. :-D

Early on, I liked the sweeter taste, from coffee ice cream to coffee candies. But later, I got to like it black.

Is it as stimulating as an Ephderine pill? No, but it hits the spot for me.

0|1
    0|0
    • 8 and in the mid 70s? Wow that must've been really edgy back then.

• Think of me as a young "Tweek" from "South Park", ha ha.

But the 1970's was an odd decade to be a little kid. You had to be there. The sitcoms of the day and even the dramas featured kids as "proto-adults", hardened and cynical beyond their years. And then our parents and teachers would ask us why we were so negative. Gee...

• Dunno. I always hated the taste.

0|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• It doesn't really do anything. It's just addictive.

0|0
    0|0
    • It's in your mind. Every addiction, is in your mind only. Like cigarettes, you can quit anytime you want, addiction is just an excuse.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• It does wake you up a bit. My coworker smokes a pack a day and drinks at least a gallon of coffee a day. He's gonna have a heart attack

0|1
    0|0
    • Is he fat too? Then I'd not give him more than a decade.

• No he's a bean pole

• Exactly. Coffee speeds up the metabolism. And so does smoking tobacco, although I certainly would not recommend that for weight loss. But it IS common for people giving up tobacco smoking to put on weight.

Smoking weed and getting "the munchies", on the other hand...

• You just need to find the right blend. Some coffee is absolute shit, but when you get a good cup it's pretty great to wake up to in the morning

0|0
    0|0
  • it's the same thing with smoking, it's an aquired taste.
    although if you've never had a good coffee blend, (like freeze dried supermarket shit) then you haven't had a proper coffee

0|0
    0|0
  • I never been a coffee drinker either. But in the winter I find myself drinking them because they help me to stay warm.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's an acquired taste. You learn to like it

Caffine is a known stimulate and there is plenty in coffee to jolt you in the mornings

0|0
    0|0
  • I drink 4 cups of coffee per week. one cup before I git the gym. It gives that little extra boost of energy,

0|0
    0|0
    • Wasn't caffeine supposed to prevent you for building up, when it comes to muscle mass?

• Huge amounts of caffeine yes probably, but 1 cup before a gym session is like nothing.

• lol... you must be drinking caffeine free instant coffee.

0|0
    0|0
    • I drink no coffee. Apart from water I don't drink other beverages generally. Maybe some soda or an energy drink if I eat some salty food, but generally not. I mean, they're a waste of money aren't they? Water can erase your thirst and it's for free.

• Show All
    • lol... you must of tried drinking caffeine free instant coffee.

• I don't even remember, but meh who cares... I feel special that I don't drink coffee, unlike most... haha.

• coffee is a drug please don't drink it

1|0
    0|1
  • Coffee is way overrated.

0|0
    0|0
  • Because I am a mother of three.
    I neeeeeeeed coffee.
    Espresso martini anyone?

0|0
    0|0
  • I like a warm drink, it's not flavorless, it's bitter yet smooth