Probably dying?

I've been eating about 1000 calories a day. I've noticed I can't concentrate on lectures and find myself taking longer to write essays than usual. The only time I ever exceed 1000 calories is when I'm at a party or whatever. should I increase my calorie intake to 1500? I don't really know if I'm doing long term damage.

33

Most Helpful Girl

• Yeah absolutely. It's bad to eat less than the minimum of what your body needs. You are basically starving yourself. You can calculate what your body needs through the internet. I think it's called the BMR, basal metabolic rate.

• I've used 3 equations to calculate how many calories I should consume every day. I averaged the results of the 3 and it came to 2100.

• I have gotten all of the shit I know from a friend who is a personal trainer. I'm not entirely sure if I'm doing all of this right. everyone has their own idea of the best way to lose weight. it's so confusing.

• Well, your trainer should never have recommended you to eat 1000 calories, if he/she did. It's totally wrong and is actually doing more damage than good.
      Try to eat normal, and exercise. That's the best thing in my opinion.

Most Helpful Guy

• If your eating at a decir for weight loss then I'd say from somewhere like 500 -800 calories woulds be better from your maintenance calories. If it's just cause you don't want to eat then that's just plain dumb.

• I've just cut out some fats like milk and reduced the amount of bread I eat. and I only eat twice a day. carbohydrates for breakfast and some protein and fats for dinner.

• Yeah bro up the calories at least by like 500. I knew some one that passed out like that man. Not a healthy way to drop

• I will try and add another 500 calories and see how I go. Thanks mate.