There's no food in my house and I am starving! What do I do?

I'm 14. I'm an only child. My dad is out of state right now and my mom is sleeping. It is 7:25pm. My mom works night shifts and doesn't get home until 10 or 11am and she just worked 4 days in a row. I ate all my frozen dinners. There is no pasta, bread, lunch meat, eggs, butter, nothing. There is a jar of mayo, jelly beans, brown rotting bananas, 3 stale bag of chips (left open on top of the fridge) bottles of Pepsi, some really hard cookies that have been sitting out all week, and a can of coconut milk. That's all we have. I had my friend give me money for lunch since I literally had nothing to take. The freezer is completely empty and the fridge is mostly empty. I have no money or license to drive anywhere. My mom takes sleeping pills and I tried waking her up but she won't wake up. I don't know any of the neighbors and don't want to go ask for food. My friends don't live near me. (10-15 minute drive) I don't know what to do?
Updates:
I don't know any of the neighbors and we live in a sketchy neighborhood and I really don't wanna risk asking. I called my friend but she won't answer her phone and I doubt her mom will get me any food and drive over here

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Remember to keep yourself hydrated. Try keeping your mind occupied. You can read a book, draw, continue going on gag. Apparently minty flavors can help decrease your overall hunger so if you have minty toothpaste, brush your teeth with it. Eat foods that have lots of fiber and protein. Mayo has like no protein, jelly beans help with your blood sugar, coconut milk has 0.3 g of fiber and protein, Pepsi's not really helpful except for thirst, If you have a microwave heating the stale chips might help and if the bananas aren't too rotten put it in there too. It turns into a mush but it tastes better. Hope I helped and if you need to pass time you can just dm me.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• How irresponsible of your mother! She's supposed to provide you food until your 18. I would call 911 if your literally starving and don't think you can't wait a couple hours if not then wait and harass your mom when she wakes up

5|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• First of all, have some jelly beans or something to keep your blood sugar up. Then you need to consider your options. You can't wake your mother, so that's a no go. If you live in a decent neighbourhood, then there is no shame in asking for food. Offer to help them, offer money. If your neighbourhood is bad and you are truly starving, then you need to get help from the police as this is serious. I wish you the best.

0|0
    0|0
  • 1) Call your friends and ask them to bring you food. Find out who can & will assist.
    2) Reciprocate at a time of their choosing, under reasonable terms.

0|0
    0|0
  • You said you don't want to ask for food most like because you don't want others to think you're needy or poor but in your situation, you really don't have a choice but to ask. Or you can starve yourself. I would recommend getting a job but you're too young​ to have one. Maybe ask a good friend to borrow money and explain to them you're situation.

0|0
    0|0
  • When's the last time you ate? and when's the next time your mom is going to go shopping?
    I know the feeling of not being able to eat, it sucks. But going one night without food isn't gonna kill you. Unless you're in a situation where you're going days and days without food, you're fine.
    It seems like there's really nothing you can do about it

0|0
    0|0
  • 0|0
    0|0
    • Anyway you are under 18 so it's your mother's legally responsibility to provide for you. Are your parents together? When is your dad getting back?

Also if 14 year old is old enough for you to legally work consider getting a weekend job. Or take up babysitting. I babysat from the time I was 11.

• *legal responsibility

• A good friend would occasionally bring food, and that's not a long drive. I'm the type of friend to do that. When your mom is awake, let her know. If you're sleeping when she goes off to work, then stand by until then so you can mention it to her.

0|0
    0|0
  • Your in survival mode. The next chance you get if you have to steal stuff out of the house and pawn it for money I damn sure would do it. If this is a regular occurrence and were able to get some money I would make a survival box. I would fill it with non or low perishable staples like cup o noodles, peanut butter, jelly, cans of soup, flavor packets for kool-aid or sugar free drinks and crackers. The Dollar Tree sells a great deal of these things and would be perfect for you to hide in your survival kit. Are your feminine hygiene needs being met? I don't think this is something to be ignored and I would jot this event down in a journal. I am not sure if this is a occasional issue or ongoing. You know you have every justifiable reason to call 911 or child protective services.

0|0
    0|0
  • I honestly feel very bad for you dear. I'd send you some food if I could. Do you have neighbor's who could help you out?

1|0
    0|0
  • The bananas may LOOK bad, but they're probably OK. Try them first,. Boil water, make tea and eat the cookies with the tea.

0|0
    0|0
  • Drink the milk and pepsi, also water. That should hold you for a while but that's child neglect, if you get desperate you can call 911.

0|0
    0|0
  • i would walk to get food or postmates! find a gas station they sell like 3 dollar meals

0|0
    0|0
  • drink some water or drink sugar and milk if your stomach is turning

0|0
    0|0
  • ahhhh y'all its stated the neighborhood is sketcy.. meaning they will probably help but turn around and call CPS on her parents.. then sweets i'll say learn how to drive at the very moment u become hungry.. lol (nah, seriously dont steal the car).. but my mom or dad wouldn't get mad if i had no food and i just ordered pizza from one of their cards.. (not stealing, its surviving) they should respect that u thought of ordering food from their card considering its you only way of eating.. baby order something and order more than u can eat at that time so u have something later.. dont forget to add a 2liter drink to wash all the pizza down.. 😉

0|0
    0|0
  • eat everything..

0|0
    0|0
  • make some Mexican quesadillas

0|0
    0|0
  • Uh... starve?

0|0
    0|0
  • You're screwed

0|0
    0|0
  • Call your father to ask what you should do.

0|0
    0|0
  • i dont think that it is so urgent you can wait i guess right? i haven't eaten anything real since Sunday

0|0
    0|0
  • Hone your... "female skillset". Get some food!

0|0
    2|0
    • For fucks sake, she's 14. Can she go a couple more years before turning into your average whore? I'd really like to think that there's ONE girl that's hit puberty and hasn't had a hundred cocks yet.

• Show All
    • OK I'll give you credit, that second response was a good one.

Still, I would like to THINK that there is one pubescent or post-pubescent female that's not a whore, somewhere in the western world. Somewhere...

• Affluent women who have no interest in sex exist.

• you gonna die boi

0|0
    0|0
  • Well... You will die, my condolences

1|0
    2|0
  • drink water. it fills people up

0|1
    0|0
  • Try and wake your mom up again or just wait until she wakes up and then tell her you have no food

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes