Why do Americians put cheese on everything?

"Mac and Cheese. I'm sorry, but I've lived in the US for years and I still can't figure out why it's supposed to taste good. Pasta is not meant to be doused and completely covered in processed cheese. Just a little bit to add flavor but for the love of god, do not just pour a vat of cheese over it

19

Most Helpful Guy

• Cheese is actually a staple in the American diet because of its highly manufactured process. Chemically, it is also addictive and there's plenty of studies out there that prove this effect on the psyche (Can't link anything as I'm not level 2 apparently).

When you have millions of cows stuffed in warehouses, constantly artificially inseminated, pumped full of steroids and hormones that are banned in the EU and other individual nations, producing milk to turn into cheese, it's not a wonder that people put cheese on everything here.

Most Helpful Girl