Cheese in a can, yay or nay?

Toodling around in the local farm market I came across this little gem today. Canned cheese... nearly two lbs of a canned "jack style" cheese. $38 for the can. I was curious but opted not to get it cuz "jack style" cheese In a can for $38 seems kinda weird. I can't even think of a time when I saw a canned cheese. I'm not one thats above a canned cheese, I love my easy cheese if that's even cheese. And to top it off it's apparently made by Washington state university? Which I guess might explain the weird factor of this. A totally weird approach to selling a product.

Have you or would you try this?

Cheese in a can, yay or nay?
  • Yay, canned "jack style" cheese ftw!
    Vote A
  • Nay... no telling what kinda crap us in there...
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• what the fuck are you doing with a can of cougar viking?
    That should only be eaten by a cougs fan, give it here.
    Though cougar gold is WAY better.
    Now I can actually tell you where that came from and who made.
    That was made by Washington State Universities Creamery.
    https://creamery.wsu.edu/

1|0
    0|0
    • there is a can of that cheese in particular in my refridgerator for special occasions, the cheese is actually VERY high quality

• Holy crap, this can is only $22 per can on the website... I'm totally getting ripped off at that store... but they have a really nice selection of fresh off the local farm produce.

• Its REALLY good cheese

Most Helpful Girl

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• There is nothing wrong with canned food. If people knew how clean and good canned food actually is (providing it's fresh when it goes in) they'd change their tune.

A common chef's trick is to use canned tomatoes, they are proven to taste nicer and fresher than the raw thing.

1|1
    0|0
    • Yeah, this is why I like spray cheese, cuz it's fresher and nicer

• I sometimes forget there's stuff like this out there. Living in Wisconsin, I'm able to buy cheeses at local cheese factories fresh, so canned cheese is almost never seen.

1|0
    0|0
    • I've lived all over the USA, I don't recall ever seeing canned cheese anywhere. On the other hand I drove through Wisconsin back in march and was surprised at the number of "cheeses made here" places along the way.

• The majority of our milk actually goes into making cheese, so maybe that helps explain why you saw so many of those signs

• I don't know how cheese can be in a can in the first place? I've seen people eat it and it grossed me out so badly I wanted to leave the room. Can it even be real cheese?

1|0
    0|0
  • Have you ever run across canned spray cheese? Its great onot real cheese

1|0
    0|0
    • Yeah, easy cheese, luv the stuff, some easy cheese on a garlic bread = fantastic food that I won't admit I eat and enjoy to anyone that knows me

• Ohh. Easy cheese in an Olive Garden garlic bread stick cures cancer.

• I love pepper jack. I guess they came up with a new method of preserving the freshness.
    I used to live in Washington. actually I was supposed to be back there for a wedding on the 5th.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yeah, I'd try it, but not for $38 per can. If they can get it down to about $5, we'll talk.

1|0
    0|0
  • Only in America! I wouldn't go near the stuff, sounds absolutely vile

1|0
    0|0
  • Id buy it once to try. Its not like the fake crap thats terrible for you yet so delicious? Lol

1|0
    0|0
  • I love cheese but in a can? What are they hiding? Thatโ€™s not how good cheese is packaged.

0|0
    0|0
  • nay...

1|0
    0|0
  • yeah I would like to try something new..

1|0
    0|0
  • I'll try practically anything once

1|0
    0|0
  • Very expensive.

1|0
    0|0
  • Ew wtf America

1|0
    0|0
  • No that's gross