How do people enjoy smoking weed?

I just don't understand what's enjoyable about it. It doesn't usually make me feel good, it makes me feel like an idiot... it impairs my memory and makes me more impulsive and not think before I do things. The other night I smoked with my friend and the girl he's sort of dating and I had to calm myself down because I was literally considering just going up and kissing her. Of course if I did that it would probably have felt good, but is that really what people enjoy about weed? Just being more impulsive? Or is there some other physical aspect that I never seem to get?

by the way I've smoked like 30 times in my life (and tried other substances like mushrooms etc.), I only do it occasionally. But it's never any fun. What am I doing wrong?

31

Most Helpful Girl

• "It makes me feel like and idiot... it impairs my memory and makes me more impulsive and not think before I do things." Sounds like what alcohol does to some people. I don't get it, but I guess people like things that make them feel like they're not in control. Or perhaps they like to have something to use as an excuse to not be responsible for their actions. What I don't understand is why people continue to do things that they don't like just to be accepted by people who don't truly care about them.

• Hmm maybe that is really the reason, lol. I actually like alcohol though, and alcohol doesn't make me feel out of control of my actions.

Most Helpful Guy

• I feel like you just have to have the right kind of weed and smoke it at the right time. Some weed makes you relax, some makes you very energized, and some is a mix between those two. Also I only do it when I have no worries so I can just relax with my best friend and be funny

• Yeah the kind of weed does matter. Some has been better than others. I have no idea how to find the good shit though

• I found a guy who has the best shit it's like so relaxing and fun