How do you drink port?

Im watching grandmas house for her, and her cat.
she's got these wines and some port but the port is the only thing open, i reckon she might have plans for the others so i dont dare open anything.

Just wondering how you drink port? I've got permission, no worries and the legal drinking age here is eighteen.

Do you drink port the way you would a bourbon or like any other wine? Its this white chocolate port made by the Echuca Chocolate Company and smells delicious so i wanna give it a go.

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Just straight up in a wine glass. I'd assume it's already sweet in flavour. You can also drop a strawberry in the drink to increase the sweetness.

Otherwise you put part of the white chocolate port and part tonic or soda water

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Well to drink a liquid, you pour it into your mouth, close your mouth, and use your throat muscles to let it go down into your stomach.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• what type port is it cherry? dosnt matter on the why you drink it just wondering, drink port in a scotch glass straight put it on the rocks if you want but better on its own and sip it

0|0
    0|0
  • you just poor a shot of it.. and sip it. its a sipping drink.. I've taken shots of it and woken up pretty groggy

0|0
    0|0
    • So its a shot drink that you sip?

• Show All
    • Dont have the dollars to buy my own haha i mean its only twenty bucks but... I got other things i need to spend on.

Nah, id feel bad opening someone elses wine if they can't share it with me. Feels wrong, ill stick with the port and if i dont like it, then that teaches me for drinking alc alone doesn't it!
      I found this little double shot glass i can use. Looks like it holds maybe sixty ml.
      No big deal i just wanted to try it and didn't want to give it a bad image just cause i didn't try it right.

• im not much of a wine or port drinker but i like to try everything if its offered to me so go for it

• It's a sipping drink often served after dinner :)

0|0
    0|0
  • I'd chill it in the fridge and then sip it slowly.

0|0
    0|0
  • With ice?

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes