Do you eat food that’s past its expiration date if it still smells and looks fine?

184

Most Helpful Girl

174
  • Personally... hell no! I have a weak/sensitive stomach haha. And i hate vomiting so i'd prefer not too. I just HATE it. Its nasty yo.

All because of this ONE insident when i was young. There was this salami stick, i wanted it.. it looked yum. And it didn't have an expiration on it.. so i ate it and later that evening i got sick and vomited. So from now on till the present day.. i check for expired dates..

• My boyfriend is kinda the opposite sometimes he doesn't care.. sometimes he cares... like if there was milk and it was like the 24th today and the milk had expired on the 23rd i would probs throw it out...

• Never.
    I never risk. I attend to trust the company who already adjusted an expiration date. They do it for a reason and i don't really feel comfortable to put my health at risk.

• They do it because it's a legal requirement. It doesn't mean you'll die from eating something past that date.

• I used to work in catering so I'm pretty clued up on food.

• @Blonde401 Amazing! but it's my bad luck that i can't have access to you to take advise at the moment about the foods! because i am obviously not as experienced as you are!

• it depends on what it is, some foods the expiration date doesn't mean its expired it just means the food won't be as fresh as when you buy it, but its still fine

• Yes I do and I've been trained in food handlers safety.

• Like biscuits but if it's only one day passed expiration date

• Lol yea depending on what it is and when it expired, if its dairy no

• With certain foods I do, like yogurt, bread if not moldy, cream...

• Still good, but stay away from high proteins. My stomach is great I eat fermented foods.

• No
    But if the packaging says "best before" then hell yeah I'll eat it.

• nope. the health of my body is more precious than that expired food.

• Yes, but very rarely.

• Yes. Otherwise you're wasting food.

• Sometimes

• everything but milk, butter and yogurt ya

• Yes... and stay out of my refrigerator.

• I do.

• It depends on what it is.

• no i dont

• Noooo will make me sick

• Never

• i try not to because i've had fp