Do you buy stuff at the grocery store cuz it's on sale?

At the grocery store the other day and I went by to grab some teddy graham and mini Oreo go packs and they were on sale! So, I loaded up my cart cuz you just can't pass up a deal like this!

What about you? Do you buy stuff at the grocery store cuz it's on sale?
  • Yeah, I couldn't pass up that deal!
    Vote A
  • Nahh go packs are for children even on sale!
    Vote B
  • Lulz... someone fire the store manager
    Vote C
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

1|1

Most Helpful Guy

• I saw this at Alberstons yesterday too, me and my sister were crackin' up! Lmao

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• In the way you are describing no.

If I go to buy something and it's buy one get one free or something I will just get the additional to get the offer. But I won't load up.

Likewise, I won't buy something simply because it's on offer.

I used to work at a supermarket for 7.5 years so I know the ins and outs. Staff discount trumped offers. Besides - the staff shelf downstairs was way better. You know if you see a bag of flour or something with a tear? Take it to the customer service desk. You probably think it will get chucked. Nope. It's taped back up but because the package isn't fit for sale it's sold to the staff at cost price. Think of it as a gift to a family in need.

The only things that are chucked are chilled or frozen items that people dump on a shelf because they can't be bothered to put it back. Unless we've actively watched the customer it has to be destroyed. So while people complain supermarkets waste too much - remember you are part of the problem. You couldn't be arsed to walk 12 steps to the freezer so thanks to you we have to chuck it.

1|0
    0|0
  • If I need it. Sales are usually a con to get folks (usually women) to buy stuff nobody wants. There's shops that have year round sales they just slap sale signs up but nothing is reduced. It's all to create in your mind that you want an item. Think Black Friday and all the crap stock that they couldn't sell all year and needed to get rid of before the new year.

1|1
    0|0
  • Lol. I might have started to buy them on impulse but would've put them back once I realized it was only 1cent off.

That would make me mad enough to not buy them.

1|0
    0|0
  • I swear whenever I decide to cut back on certain junk foods, they go on sale for like a penny each. Sometimes I wind up eating more of that junk in a week than i had the entire previous month combined. It's a trap.

1|0
    0|0
  • I'll admit I can be quite the shopping sales whore sometimes when I see a sale go on, but it depends for what. Like I won't go slutty over a buy 1 get 1 free over a dish detergent, but I'll go bananas over that for doritos.

2|0
    0|0
  • Is it my imagination or does the sticker say they were $1 on sale for $.99, alrighty then..

1|0
    0|0
  • mom travels to france once a month because stuff there is cheaper and more on sale than here in belgium.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes , i go grocery shopping for the deals, our local store has
    5 different meats for $19.99 so i go for that deal and on Thursday
    we get Hoagies deal which means we don't have too cook on
    Thursday.

1|0
    0|0
  • if it's something I could actually use it just needed a little extra push to get, then yes, I'll buy for sales, but otherwise, I get whatever I feel like.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yeah I would but where I shop there's rarely sales on food and most of the food I eat would go bad within a week or maybe two.

1|0
    0|0
  • if it's shelf stable or it's stuff like rope, duct tape or toilet paper then you can't go wrong so long as you can store it.

1|0
    0|0
  • I couldn't they are nasty. I try to avoid food junk.

1|0
    0|0
  • 1 cent off... that's not much of a sale, lol
    but if i see buy one get one free on white bread i'll load up

1|0
    0|0
  • Who doesn't buy? if a person says no he is the one who goes there but never accept because no one says him miser...😉

1|0
    0|0
  • it depends on whether or not I need it and how much of a bargain it is

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes! I do that allll the time. It'll get used eventually in my household anyway.

1|0
    0|0
  • I am One, hun, who Loves a Good... Meal Deal. xx

1|0
    0|0
  • I only buy if I am going to eat it.

1|0
    0|0
  • If I need it and its at a decent price, I buy it.

1|0
    0|0
  • if it's cheese

1|0
    0|0
  • only if I need

1|0
    0|0
  • Nope. I buy what I need.

1|0
    0|0
  • i don't shop my maid does all household duties

1|0
    0|0
  • Only if I need it.

1|0
    0|0
  • only if i wanted it in the first place

1|0
    0|0
  • Totally

1|0
    0|0
  • Nope, not unless I'm looking for it anyway

1|1
    0|0
  • yeah usually

1|0
    0|0
  • You never go wrong with mini Oreos!!

1|0
    0|0
  • Yeah😂

1|0
    0|0
  • sometimes..

1|0
    0|0
  • Everyone loves a bargain

1|0
    0|0
  • Nahh go packs are for children even on sale!

1|0
    0|0
  • Nope !! Unless I need the product

1|0
    0|0
  • I live for the sales here. Not even worth going shopping unless they're having a descent sale on stuff :D

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes