Would you like your coffee like this, or not?

Just before going on holiday, I ran out of filter coffee.

I asked my gal if we had any open, as I didn't want to open a fresh pack, and have it go off, whilst we're away.

"Yes," she said, "there's that stuff that Maria (her friend who is originally from Venezuela) brought back from Venezuela. It's in the fridge."

And this is what the packet looked like...

Would you like your coffee like this, or not? 'Made with Socialism'? In a fucking heart?

I know things are bad there, I really do (I hear all sorts of stories via this girl, who still has family there).

But cheap political propaganda on COFFEE?

What kind of sloganeering would YOU like to see on the packaging of your favourite breakfast beverage?
  • Definitely - propaganda trumps taste for me every time
  • WTF?

610

Most Helpful Guy

• Man who ever thought of putting political propaganda on a bag of coffee that person is an asshole. I bet the line of thinking was "you know what'll piss people off propaganda on a bag of coffee so you see it when you first get upπŸ˜„πŸ˜" Was it at least decent coffee though?

• Good question, and no, it absolutely sucked balls.

I drank it with an open mind, bearing in mind some of the best coffee in the world comes from places not too far from Venezuela (Jamaica, Colombia etc), but it was weak in taste, no real aroma, and not a great aftertaste.

I guess that's what 'making coffee with socialism' achieves?

• A truly atrocious combination...

• good way to start a movement though... πŸ€”πŸ˜†

Most Helpful Girl

• I think that's hilarious. I would save the bag.