How to respond positively to coffee requests if I don't drink coffee?

So I can't drink coffee because of health reasons. To name a few of those is, that it would interrupt my sleep pattern and an injection of too much caffeine during the second half of the day is a bad idea, more so terrible at evenings.
I managed to quit coffee around 2015 and I am not willing to sacrifice the benefits I got ever since.
It is not easy to quit coffee but it is easy to break the healthy cycle of living without being dependent on coffee.

But why am I asking this? I have never received invitations for coffee 😂
The same also counts for alcoholic beverages. I'm practically not a drinker at all.

It's still good to be prepared for those moments if I manage to get lucky one day.

99

Most Helpful Girl

• 'Coffee' doesn't really mean coffee. It's just 'meet at a cafe', or at someone's house, or whatever, with the explicit implication 'not for a meal.' You can order whatever you want. Herbal tea or something might be good if you don't drink coffee, or I like milk steamers. Hot chocolate, even. Or a soft drink. Your date is not going to say 'Hey! We said we were meeting for COFFEE!' :P

Unless you mean that other kind of 'come for coffee' which is like, when you're taking her home, and she says 'would you like to come in for coffee...' but what she means is have sex - just say yes. No one has ever actually made coffee at that point.

Most Helpful Guy

• just have tea then same goes with going out just say "sure ill come for a drink" meaning the non alcoholic range of drinks