How to respond positively to coffee requests if I don't drink coffee?

So I can't drink coffee because of health reasons. To name a few of those is, that it would interrupt my sleep pattern and an injection of too much caffeine during the second half of the day is a bad idea, more so terrible at evenings.
I managed to quit coffee around 2015 and I am not willing to sacrifice the benefits I got ever since.
It is not easy to quit coffee but it is easy to break the healthy cycle of living without being dependent on coffee.

But why am I asking this? I have never received invitations for coffee 😂
The same also counts for alcoholic beverages. I'm practically not a drinker at all.

It's still good to be prepared for those moments if I manage to get lucky one day.

How to respond positively to coffee requests if I don't drink coffee?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• 'Coffee' doesn't really mean coffee. It's just 'meet at a cafe', or at someone's house, or whatever, with the explicit implication 'not for a meal.' You can order whatever you want. Herbal tea or something might be good if you don't drink coffee, or I like milk steamers. Hot chocolate, even. Or a soft drink. Your date is not going to say 'Hey! We said we were meeting for COFFEE!' :P

Unless you mean that other kind of 'come for coffee' which is like, when you're taking her home, and she says 'would you like to come in for coffee...' but what she means is have sex - just say yes. No one has ever actually made coffee at that point.

1|2
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• just have tea then same goes with going out just say "sure ill come for a drink" meaning the non alcoholic range of drinks

1|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Lol. In all seriousness, you just go. Say yes, go, enjoy whatever the experience entails. You don't need to drink anything you don't want to, you don't need to drink anything at all. It's about the company, not the beverage.

0|1
    0|0
  • go with them if you want and just don't get coffee. Many coffee bars have things like tea, smoothies, hot chocolate, etc too. even just soda and water lol.

0|1
    0|0
  • just get something that isn't coffee and I think some bars sell pop. I was once at a bar with my dad and my uncle when I was 17 they let me sit in there (probably 'cause there was practically a monsoon outside) and my uncle bought me Pepsi

0|1
    0|0
  • "Would you like to go get coffee?"
    "No, but I'd love to go get some tea! Is that okay too? You can still have coffee if you'd like of course"
    (Or any other beverage)

0|1
    0|0
  • I never liked coffee. If my wife and I go to a coffeeshop, I usually get an Orange Juice or a diet soda.

1|1
    0|0
  • Tell to watch this animated tea video. It's funny and will get the message through lol. It's all PG stuff so don't worry. Search YouTube for
    "Tea Consent"

0|1
    0|0
  • I hate coffee but always go to Costa with my friend cause she loves it. I drink them fruit smoothies you can get there instead

0|1
    0|0
  • No place only just sells coffee of alcohol. Go and get something else to drink.

0|1
    0|0
  • I tell them I don't drink coffee and that i prefer hot chocolate

1|1
    0|0
  • say yea to the drinking part, then order a cup of tea

0|1
    0|0
  • Agree and get tea or a water?

0|2
    0|0
    • won't she ask "I thought we were having a coffee together?" ? I know, stupid question :/

• Show All
    • Okay, lets say she invites me OVER to HER house for a COFFEE... am I going to say "Sounds good but I'd have something else instead of coffee."?

• Yeah that's fine.

• Just order tea for youself

0|1
    0|0
  • Drink soda or decaf coffee😛

0|1
    0|0
  • Lie and say you have a caffeine allergy.

0|0
    0|0
  • yolo

1|0
    0|1
  • Go to the coffeehouse with them, but order something else.

0|1
    0|0

Recommended myTakes