The Alcohol-free Life?

So... I don't drink alcohol. Never have, never will. Cos it's bad for me. But when someone sees me smoking they're like "THATS SO BAD FOR YOU STOP" and I think that's so hypocritical because drinking is just as bad. So why is drinking poison accepted but smoking isn't?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Yup, thats me, lol. It took me 50 years to get, but alcohol is the big liquid lie. For me it was a waste of money, screwed up some relationships, lost family members respect. I'm not goin' to say everyone will suffer any of these, but I did. Alcohol is a depressant. You have a few cold drinks when you're feeling sad and you think you're feeling better, but what you're actually feeling is numb. You don't have to go down this road. If youve never drink, don't start. You are not going to miss something that you haven't tasted in the first place. Alcoholism is a disease, recognized by the medical association as such. It's also hereditary. There was a lot of alcoholism in my family. We're trying to stop it with this generation. I'll part with this."I haven't been arrested every time I was drunk, but everytime I was arrested, I was drunk. (3 times arrested) D. U. I.'s all & all about $135K for attorney, fines, classes, court costs.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Because smoking is worse for your body, it puts damaging coats on your lungs and can cause cancer whereas drinking has few long term effects unless your addicted to it, rather it has short term affects that wear off in 12 to 48 hours. Smoking has effects like cancer whereas drinking has effects like lightheadedness, relapsed memory, etc. Both are not good, but it all depends on the amount you do. Being addicted to either is bad and can cause issues like alcohol poisoning or cancer but having a healthy amount of alcohol is safer then having any cigarettes.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• because smoking is starting to become something that mostly only poor people do. Marijuana had the same treatment when it was mostly only poor black people and mexicans doing it. Now that rich white people do it to, suddenly it's being legalized all over the place.

2|0
    0|0
    • Bro. I hate to have to disagree with you, but in my state of California they just raised the price of a pack of cigs two dollars a pack. I pay $9:50 a pack. 20 cig. s. Thats crazy as fuck but not high enough for me to stop.

• @Robsinsf53 right. they want to make it as inaccessible as possible, since making it outright illegal would be complicated at this point. I'm sure it will get there, though. It's already banned in most public places.

• yep. I'll tell you, 1 more raise of $2:00 a pack & i'll quit.

• I wouldn't necessarily say that alcohol is as bad as smoking. Neither are good for the body, but cigarettes are more addictive and more harmful to the vital organs.

1|0
    0|0
  • Well I don't smoke at all and I rarely ever drink.
    Both of them done excessively can kill you.
    But smoking stains your teeth, makes your breath stink and causes those around you to inhale it.

There's nothing healthy about smoking but drinking alcohol in moderation every day apparently helps keep your heart healthy.

1|0
    0|0
  • Drinking alcohol isn't nearly as harmful as smoking, unless you're an alcoholic who's hammered almost 24/7

3|2
    0|0
  • Certain Alcohol in moderation actually has health benefits. Whiskey and red wine. and it is not as merly as bad. Smoking affects the person who smokes and our lives as well. Ever hear of 2nd hand smoke?

0|1
    0|0
  • Smoking what? Cigs or weed? bc that makes all the diff... cigs are way worse than alc but if ur smoking weed i get your point.. they're stupid as shit weed is harmless while alc is bad

0|0
    0|0
  • Smoking affects your Lungs and heart while drinking if you only do it a little won't affect anything as much

1|0
    0|0
  • all the stuff on tolerance aside, I don't get it either. They say cigs are more harmful and I always reply - show me the car accidents and domestic violence caused by the cigs vs. alco statistics... Imho both are physically equally harmful, but nicotine more addictive and alcohol more affecting the state of mind. So to me they're even in this respect. On the social scale - alco much worse. When it comes to preferences I do none, but I enjoy the smokey, warm and spicy taste of cigs. And really don't like the stinky, bitter alco stuff... :/

0|0
    0|0
    • And you notice alcohol and smoking go hand & hand, birds of a feather... I think we got it, lol. When I drank it was mostly beer, but a cig. was right next to it.

• Drinking is passed off or shrugged off as an ordinary liquid thats in a glass/bottle. We are more used to seeing it around. It just usually depends on the type of people that use alcohol responsibly or immaturely. And majority of people drink rather than smoke.. or they do both infact.

And smoking is something that you can see disappearing into the air which looks dirty and the smell is much more stronger. And u use a flame/lighter to light it. Basically it just draws much more attention.

Well thats my view.. i do neither.. even tho im surrounded by all, from my friends.. personally i have no interest. People that do those things usually say "ur such a good girl" and "good... dont!" Im just like... yeeaaaa ok thanks, i think? Lol and they are surprise how i haven't got addicted to it.

0|0
    0|0
    • Serious note: If I had a chance to do it all over, I'd run from both. I dont drink anymore, but smoke. Youve never done either? You can't miss what you've never tried in first place,.

• Show All
    • @Robsinsf53 oml u brave man... you know what.. there's a vape that can get you drunk just by inhaling it 😂😂😂

• stay away from that.

• I drink but I do not smoke. It really is personal preference, people can do what they want and should be able to without judgement. and yes I agree they are both bad.

0|0
    0|0
  • Drinking alcohol responsibly is not as bad as smoking.

2|1
    0|0
  • Everything is accepted nowadays. You have to be tolerant ❤️🤗❤️

0|0
    0|0
  • its because of years of propaganda about smoking. Also everything is bad for you in some degree food sports u may get injured e. t. c

0|0
    0|0
    • Eating frozen foods and breathing the air outside by a body of water simultaneously has been determined by the surgeon general to cause cancer. smoking has been found to be an aphrodisiac. trumpet played a tune only deemed safe on weeknights. The global warming phenomenon is making our bodies erode and decay like teeth until the toothfairy saves us.

• Drinking a lot is bad. Drinking in moderation is actually recommended.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't smoke nor drink... but it's none of my business of how you live your life.

0|0
    0|0
  • because people want something to criticize. next.

0|0
    0|0
  • Both are bad.

0|0
    0|0
  • its not just as a bad at all. the lungs were not made to process smoke but the liver's only job is to filter impurities like alcohol and such out of the blood stream so drinking alcohol is not nearly as bad as any type of smoke entering the lungs.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes