The Alcohol-free Life?

So... I don't drink alcohol. Never have, never will. Cos it's bad for me. But when someone sees me smoking they're like "THATS SO BAD FOR YOU STOP" and I think that's so hypocritical because drinking is just as bad. So why is drinking poison accepted but smoking isn't?

119

Most Helpful Guy

• Yup, thats me, lol. It took me 50 years to get, but alcohol is the big liquid lie. For me it was a waste of money, screwed up some relationships, lost family members respect. I'm not goin' to say everyone will suffer any of these, but I did. Alcohol is a depressant. You have a few cold drinks when you're feeling sad and you think you're feeling better, but what you're actually feeling is numb. You don't have to go down this road. If youve never drink, don't start. You are not going to miss something that you haven't tasted in the first place. Alcoholism is a disease, recognized by the medical association as such. It's also hereditary. There was a lot of alcoholism in my family. We're trying to stop it with this generation. I'll part with this."I haven't been arrested every time I was drunk, but everytime I was arrested, I was drunk. (3 times arrested) D. U. I.'s all & all about $135K for attorney, fines, classes, court costs.

Most Helpful Girl

• Because smoking is worse for your body, it puts damaging coats on your lungs and can cause cancer whereas drinking has few long term effects unless your addicted to it, rather it has short term affects that wear off in 12 to 48 hours. Smoking has effects like cancer whereas drinking has effects like lightheadedness, relapsed memory, etc. Both are not good, but it all depends on the amount you do. Being addicted to either is bad and can cause issues like alcohol poisoning or cancer but having a healthy amount of alcohol is safer then having any cigarettes.