Do you add extra salt to your food?

Eating too much salt can raise blood pressure, and having high blood pressure increases the risk of developing coronary heart disease. Many people season their food with salt when they're cooking. There's also lots of hidden salt in most foods, but lots of people also shake salt on their food at the "table" as well. Do you add extra salt to your food?

Do you add extra salt to your food?Do you add extra salt to your food?

0|1

Most Helpful Girl

• Only to french fries & steak.

1|0
    0|0
    • The reason why we eat salt is for the iodine.. without salt you can actually get very sick and have thyroid problems._. So... salt isn't bad ! Just like everything else eat in moderation.

Most Helpful Guy

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• No I don't add any extra salt

0|0
    0|0
  • Ehhh, all of that may not actually be true. The article below is a pretty comprehensive discussion of why, and where we got that idea.
    www.sandiegouniontribune.com/.../...425-story.html

Me personally? I don't restrict it. I've got low blood pressure, and a few unique circumstances.

0|1
    0|0
    • I disagree with you ! There's too much evidence to prove it is true. I'll stick to what i believe to be true , by my own research , rather than just ONE study or discussion

• I will keep restricting my intake , coz it's healthier , even for those with low blood pressure

• You can disagree, lol. I wasn't coming at this like a crusade. And that link I sent you, I sent because it is a comprehensive review of lots of research on it. It compares the (singular) study where the American Heart Association drew their opinion from originally, plus the several more recently done and larger scale studies that found additional and contradictory conclusions. It was meant to be informational, not me pulling a Joan of Arc, lol.

• I rarely eat prepared foods as you point out they're loaded with copious amounts of sodium. I use salt when cooking and even when I brine chicken or pork very little salt remains in the food to be cooked. Independent labs have proven that less then you 10% of your daily sodium nutritional requirement are added to the meat. So, yes I carefully add some salt to the food on my plate but never exceed the required daily intake of sodium.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope not really. Food is food. I eat it to get over the hunger urge, so the least I can do is eat healthy.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah it's not a big deal to do it. Especially since food can be bland af. If you're going to whine about it then drink more water to flush out the sodium.

0|1
    0|0
  • I don't use much salt cause it can lead to high blood pressure
    and fluid retention.

1|0
    0|0
  • I don't like salt really, most foods already include salt too.

1|0
    0|0
  • Hell yeah at times when needed. Favor salt would be Pink Himalayan salt.

0|0
    0|0
  • No I don't, I don't put salt on anything I make or bake.

0|0
    0|0
  • No I add different spices, to much salt gets disgusting

0|0
    0|0
  • I have high blood pressure. taking blood pressure prescription. and I some add salt to my food.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope I don't like too much salt so I never add extra salt.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't want to take high blood pressure medication like my mother whom always add extra sodium in her food.

0|0
    0|0
  • only habit i hate of mahself !
    but it increase the b. p, just incase

0|0
    0|0
  • If it's already made, I usually don't but it honestly depends if it needs more or not.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope, I am very cautious with salt to keep the bp ice and low...

0|0
    0|0
  • Not usually

1|0
    0|0
  • i only add it when cooking calls for it

1|0
    0|0
  • yeah depends what I'm eating though

0|0
    0|0
  • Only if I feel it needs more salt

0|0
    0|0
  • Never :)

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope !!

1|0
    0|0
  • No, just on chips

0|0
    0|0
  • yes i do if there's no flavor if I'm eating out.

0|0
    0|0
  • Well it's nice so yes.

I'm too naive...

0|0
    0|0
  • I eat very bland unless it's popcorn. U?

0|0
    0|0
  • only on plantians

0|0
    0|0
  • Yup. I do.

0|0
    0|0
  • Sometimes I likes extra salt but very rare😛

0|0
    0|0
  • No I don't like salt much

0|0
    0|0
  • Rarely

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't add salt unless the recipe calls for it.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes I do. i don't care about myself

0|0
    0|0
  • No...

0|0
    0|0
  • use to. not anymore.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes