How do I stop eating so much or binge eat?

I'm 130 pounds, 5'6. I eat relatively healthy (around 1,700 calories a day, I'm not depriving myself) but once a week or two if I can control myself. I go on a bit of a binge.. like today, it started out normal but around the early afternoon. I was really craving some ice cream and after awhile I caved and thought "a little ice cream isn't going to kill me" so I had some. Awhile later I wanted more, I fought it but caved in the end. The ice cream followed by more ice cream then a whole pizza then a lot of ramen then some more ice cream. I feel guilty when I eat like this and I want to be in shape but sometimes I can't help it so I need some tips on how to stop this behavior or do I just need to stay away entirely from those foods? I don't know

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Why not instead of limiting your calories, why not be more active? But if you really want drink two cups of water before eating or drink hot tea

0|0
    0|0
    • I go to the gym 5-6 times a week and I do drink about 3 liters of water everyday already. Usually before meals and in the morning

• You are at a healthy weight, so maybe take up running instead running will help you lose weight if that's your intention, or go vegan that will make you lose a lot of weigh as well

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• I don't get the issue really, you are a healthy weight. There is nothing wrong right now. You are putting a lot of pressure on yourself and your response to stress is going to be eating... like you just did. Worry less about what and how much you eat, worry more about eating on a schedule with the right types of food, get into an exercise routine and and allow yourself the freedom to satisfy some of those cravings as long as you are meeting your other goals.

0|0
    0|0
    • I already do have an exercise routine, I cook for myself a lot to be "healthier" and I like how my body is because of this routine but sometimes I can't stick to it. I've tried putting in scheduled cheat meals every week but that seemed to do more damage than good. I can't stop myself sometimes and I need help with that

• Don't obsess on schedule and how much you allow yourself to eat, do your exercise, do your healthy meals manage the overall weight and DO NOT sweat every bite in your mouth or every bowl of ice cream.

• You are happy with your body. Be happy and don't sweat these things because your reaction will be to break down because you will feel like you are always failing... and you aren't.

• This could be dangerous. It sounds like the beginnings of an eating disorder. From personal experience and a lot of struggling with such disorders, I genuinely suggest you talk to somebody if you feel you're losing control. Or even just start by researching these behaviors. It may seem dramatic, but these things always start out small and then consume your entire life.

0|0
    0|0
    • I will look into it but I don't think it's serious enough to talk to someone about this. I just need this to stop and for me to stick to my diet/lifestyle

• start by eating less
    like have one or two ice creams in a day
    then start decreasing the frequency
    do it with everything you eat
    separate your meal into sections
    that will help

0|0
    0|0
    • I don't eat ice cream everyday, I usually pre-make my meals for the week. A day normally consists of three meals and a snack

• so just split those three meals into six
      the food quantity remains the same
      but what you eat in 3 meals eat that in 6
      and then slowly decrease the quantity in your meals

• Have small meals every 3 hours I think it is. And drink a lot of water because sometimes lack of water can have you feeling like you're hungry, when really all your body is telling you, is that you need more hydration. If that doesn't work, then just stick to the small meals.

Try healthier alternatives for snacks like instead of getting those sugar filled ice creams, you get can ice cream thats made from frozen coconut milk, with chocolate bits in it and it's still low-sugar, low calorie but still tastes good. Trick your mind. If it's seriously out of control, you just have to try your best to abstain from binging by telling yourself that if you continue, you'll become overweight even if it looks like nothing is happening now

0|0
    0|0
  • it's a self control thing. I know it's hard :(

0|0
    0|0
  • ice cold water helps

0|0
    0|0
  • drink lots of water to avoid intake of food

0|0
    0|0
    • That worked until it didn't

• Don't worry. I have exactly the same physique 5'6, 130 pound and yet consume 3000-3500 calories without putting on a single pound on my body. The key is to burn any extra calories not to avoid consuming calories

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes