Why would anyone put a bar in their house?

When I was a kid, a neighbor proudly installed a bar in their house, with stools and all. Since then I've been to a couple other houses like that. Why would anyone do this when it is much more comfortable to sit around on COMFORTABLE chairs and drink and chat? Even if you throw a lot of parties, who wants to belly up to a bar instead of just getting drinks from the kitchen? For commercial establishments, it makes sense because you want to limit access to the booze and cash and have everything at hand. But for home, it is remarkably stupid - unless you want to come home and pretend you're out somewhere else. But then why bother coming home.

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• he probably throws a lot of parties and barbecues. or maybe it's just for decor. my grandpa has one and even has a slot machine in his garage

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• If I had tons of money, hell yes. Basement bars are the best.

0|0
    0|0
    • WHY? You can put a comfy sofa in your basement, maybe a fridge or beer tap. But what the hell good is a bar? You can mix drinks on a table, in comfort. Bars aren't comfortable to sit at, and as I see it the only benefit they provide is at a commercial establishment to separate the customers from the booze and money.

• If you have the right chairs, they're comfy.

• But again it's something I'd do if I was rich. Not a priority of mine by any means.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• My parents waned to do this too but it was to expensive so they didn't do it anymore
    They wanted to do it because it looked nice or something

0|0
    0|0
  • My aunt has one. Its a mini bar and I think its cool.

0|0
    0|0
  • Cos he can get flat in his own house than to make a mess in the streets

0|0
    0|0
    • Yeah but you don't need a physical bar for that.

• I have no idea, I think it's dumb and unhealthy

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes while you got a chance to do it

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes