What is your favorite easy recipe?

Just want to get some new easy recipe ideas that only take like 15-30min tops to make and are actually delicious. Would be fun if people shared theirs!
I made this yesterday and it came out really well:

Chicken and spinach pasta
serves about 2-3 (perfect for one person since you have leftovers for the next day.

Ingredients:
olive oil
2 tspn of garlic infused olive oil
250g of diced chicken breast
1 bird's eye chili (or your choice of chili.. make it as spicy or mild as you want)
~350ml of cream
2 handfuls of spinach
parmigian cheese
salt+pepper
2-3 tspn of pesto
500g of pasta (I prefer the spiral type since you get more cream on it)

Start boiling water for pasta and start cooking it. Meanwhile heat your wok with enough olive oil to cook your chicken. Cook chicken on both sides until some parts are a golden brown... don't overcook it (cut in half to check if fully cooked). Right before the chicken is finished cooking add the 2 tspn of garlic infused olive oil and your chili. Season wih salt+pepper. Add ~350-400ml of cream depending on how creamy you want it. Add the 2-3tspn of pesto (first add 2, can add more later when tasting). Let it simmer on low heat for like 3-5min, you just want to thicken up the cream a bit, that's all. Season to taste. Turn off the heat. Add the cooked pasta into the wok. Mix the pasta with the sauce and add the spinach. Grate some parm cheese and finished. Really easy and really delicious.
Updates:
also you can add the 2tspn of garlic oil first then add enough oil to cook the chicken if you want it less oily/healtheir.

2|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I make my own chicken lo mein takes maybe 10 minutes to prep and about 20 minutes to cook, serves around 8 (I make it all for the two of us plus we take left overs the next day) obviously you can cut recipe in half
    Ingredients:
    1 and 1/2 lbs chicken breast, cut into small chunks
    1 16 oz box of linguine, cut in half
    4 carrots, peeled and cut 3 inches long or grated
    1 (small) yellow onion, chopped
    1 bunch green onions, cut 3 inches long
    4 garlic cloves, minced
    1/4 cup soy sauce
    1 teaspoon garlic powder
    1 teaspoon corn starch
    4 cups vegetable or chicken broth

Cook chicken in pot on medium heat for 5-6 minutes. Once it is no longer pink add the pasta and broth and bring to a boil then add in the remainder of the ingredients, stir, cover, reduce heat to medium-low, and let cook through for about 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally. You may end up needing to add more liquid but do so slowly.

0|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• By easy you mean quick, or easy to perform?

For example, I like a good thick filet of black angus made on the grill of a charcoal BBQ. It just takes a few minutes and requires no previous preparation. It is quick and easy.

Yet, it is also very easy to cook some pork ribs in the slow cooker. Just mix the ingredients in the right proportions, put them in the pot of the slow cooker, and let it go. This however requires a bit of preparation as it requires some experience to know the proportions of the ingredients, the ingredientes themselves, and the required timing.

As an added bonus. To what some people is easy, some other might find it horribly difficult. As a Spaniard (from Spain) myself, I find it easy to cook a Spanish omelette (potato omelette), but the original recipe might be quite challenging to many, specially the part when flipping the omelette.

Another example. Grilling squid is quick and very tasty. Adding a bit of minced garlic, olive oil and parsely can do the final trick. However, grilling/panfrying a squid can also be very tricky, as if you exceed the cooking time it will be too hard to chew, and it is very easy to overcook it if you don't have too much experience. If you know how to, it should not take more than 7 minutes, mis en place included.

As a experienced cook myself, most of the easy dishes to cook for me might be challenging to others, as they might require some techniques or experience to elaborate them.

The simplest dish I love the most, is the English breakfast. Sunny side up fried eggs and crispy bacon, or smoked salmon, with some toasts of a good bread. Rubbing some tomatoes to the toast will enhance the flavour of the dish.

0|1
    0|0
    • Oh, and the simplest salad ever: some very good crispy green lettuce with spring onions in julienne cut, with some extra virgin olive oil and maldom salt.

• Thanks! I would love to hear how to make the Spanish omelete, I had one once and found it delicious. I've never made squid before, but will give it a try since I loved it when my mom cooked it when I was younger!

• Well, if you browse the Internet looking for the recipe for the Spanish omelette, here's a hint so you don't end up cooking some weird omelette that has nothing to do with the original one.

Ingredients are potatos, eggs, and olive oil. And often, onion. Of course salt (and optional black pepper) are included. If the recipe adds any other weird stuff then discard it.

This guy cooks a really good Spanish omelette: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JceGMNG7rpU He's a reknowned Spanish chef living in the UK. Beware that as extra virgin olive oil can have a strong taste, using 0.4ΒΊ acidity regular olive oil will do too.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 32

• sweet potato fries, easy and so yummy
    cut the potato to pieces, put a pinch of salt, pepper and sweet or/and hot paprika into a plastic bag. throw the potato pieces in there, shake it and then put it on cookie sheet (with oil on it) and bake for about 20mins

0|2
    0|0
    • Interesting. My take on frying sweet potatoes was never too succesful as I tried to cook them as french fries. Sweet potatoes are uncommon in my country, so it is of no surprise to me that they are actually baked in the oven.

Which sort of oil do you use, btw?

• @guilly18butnot I was quite hesitant to try it cause I didn't want to believe sweet fries taste good but I was nicely surprised.
      I use sunflower oil but any is good

• I just depend on my flatmate for sweet potato fries hahaha, he likes making them so I just steal some of his lol

• Are you Italian? This actually sounds amazing. I suggest that you buy gnocchi and make that with a bit of regular vegetable oil, red pepper flakes, garlic, and salt. It's simple and delicious. I'm Italian, so trust me when I say that I know my foods!

0|1
    0|0
    • I'll try it with gnocchi next time, never made gnocchi before so I'm curious to see how it will turn out and I've always wanted to try making gnocchi, no clue why I've never tried it. I would have used garlic instead of garlic oil but I just find it easier and more convenient and you can't really tell the difference that much even though I agree with you that using garlic would be better.
      Also, no not Italian haha, I'm greek and enjoy cooking. Not going to lie that recipe is absolutely delicious so I do recommend you try it out. It's one of my favorites when you compare the effort put in and the payoff, it's definitely restaurant quality if done right which is not difficult to do and only takes about 15-20min if you're not a newbie cook and know how to multitask.
      Thanks for the advice :).

• Fried Rice - boil rice preferably parboiled (cook until tender) , then fry chicken (or any other meat) with any vegetables , soy sauce and any other spices stir fried together. Then add the rice to the fried chicken and vegetables and it's done

0|1
    0|0
  • I have a chicken salad rap like every freaking day. fresh or can chicken. mayo and sriracha spinich, chesse, avocado on a tortilla πŸ˜„

1|1
    0|0
    • I'll try and remember this one for next time I want to make a wrap, thanks!

• I like no bake oatmeal energy bites
    2 to 2 1/3 cup rolled oats (gluten free)
    If you use quick oats you will need more
    1/3 crushed honey roasted nuts or maple glazed pecans if vegan (1/2 c whole)
    1/3 to 1/2 cup honey or maple syrup
    1/3 cup dark chocolate chips (enjoy life mini chocolate chips work great for vegan/dairy free!)
    1/2 cup dried cranberries
    1/2 -2/3 cup naturally no stir peanut butter (adjust depending on the brand of peanut butter you use)
    1 tsp vanilla extract
    1 tsp cinnamon
    optional -2 tsp coconut flour or girlfriend flour if you want to adjust the batter's thickness.

0|1
    0|0
    • I actually made something really similar a few days ago as bulking bars but I used coco instead of chocolate chips and honey instead of maple syrup. Also used mixed nuts and oats instead of just oats. Those bars are delicious and great if you're on the go (I use them to bulk up for my workouts). I've never put dried cranberries in, but will do so next time (always want to but keep forgetting to buy them until I start making them lol), I'm sure it makes them even more delicious!

• Salmon, new potatoes with asparagus and white whine sauce.

Salmon goes in oven for 15 minutes at 200*c, you can add salt, pepper and dill to taste.

Boil new potatoes in steamer and pop asparagus on top when new potatoes are done. (Do this before the salmon it takes 30 minutes). Tip: add salt to the water.

Reduce white wine, add cream, chopped mushrooms and grapes. Season with salt and pepper. Takes about 5 to 10 minutes.

:-) β™₯

0|0
    0|0
  • Ha, I make that for dinner often just without the chili, cream and pesto. And sometimes to speed it up more I buy a prerecooked rotisserie chicken and shred it into the cooked pasta, add the baby spinache snd stir.
    Another easy one my boyfriend likes is fajitas. Basically some sliced onions and peppers, strips of chicken or steak all sautΓ©ed together with some salt&pepper, fajita/Mexican seasoning and payed onto warmed flour tortillas.

0|0
    0|0
    • Whhhaaaaa? You make that often but basically just make dry pasta with precooked chicken and spinach. That's no where near the same thing! Blasphemy!

• Show All
    • Lol. I may but cream, chili and pesto just don't seem like natural cohabitants. Besides, you asked for easy things I cook in 10-15 minutes. I generally spend much more time cooking but didn't want to waste your time with one of my recipes that are not a quick fix.

• *I meant 10-30 minutes.

• yummy pasta and cheese, yum.

I like making bastard pad thai
    -jarred peanut butter
    -carrot and any other veg (cabbage, onion, green onion)
    -soy sauce
    -lots of ginger
    -sriracha for spice
    -noodles
    Better when thickened over night

Spanish Rice, a broke college student's way
    -black beans
    -onion
    -garlic
    -corn
    -green bell pepper
    -lots of cumin and chili powder
    -brown rice
    top with lots of room temp cheddar cheese and any Spanish sauce you have (tomato, chipotle, it's all good)

0|0
    0|0
  • My version of carbarnara. Which isn't really carbarnara lol.

Cooked chicken, diced bacon fried in a pan. Add milk, cream, cheese and white wine to make a sauce. Add spinach. Throw in some fresh pasta to soak up moisture and voila. Meal.

1|0
    0|0
  • Whenever i cook (which is not often) it's usually very time consuming so my go-to meal/breakfast is just avocado toast. I toast my bread then rub a clove of garlic on it. mix in some garlic or black pepper in the avocado and slice a bit of onions to put on top

0|0
    0|0
  • I write down recipes whenever I find them. I wish I had the notebook with me now so I could give you some ideas ugh.. I love making tiramisu pudding and other desserts. But there are some really good pasta dishes and sauces I like to make, too.

0|0
    0|0
  • Apple with peanut butter

Ingredients:
    Apple
    Peanut butter
    BAM!

5|1
    0|0
  • I found a food hack in waffles. You put the waffle in the toaster, take it out when it's ready. Then you put as much syrup as you want on the waffle. Next, you put butter in the middle, then put that in the microwave for 30 seconds. That way you no longer have to put syrup and butter on because it's already melted into your waffle. But if you want to you can add extra syrup and butter, I doπŸ˜‚

0|0
    0|0
  • I make a spicy pasta sauce with garlic, crushed red pepper, crushed tomatoes, and salt & pepper to taste. I sweat out some minced garlic first and then add garlic powder if needed.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yea so I suck at cooking, so ramen is doable. I emphasize "doable" lol.

1|0
    0|0
  • Something quick for me is anything pasta related. Macaroni cheese, spaghetti, whatever works. Or tacos

0|0
    0|0
  • My fav is ilish maach... (google it)... Its soooo yum... That u would keep licking dos fingers!!!
    For snacks... I would perfer choco pizza... πŸ˜’πŸ˜’

0|0
    0|0
  • I went to a Mexican restaurant, so I would just make a salad if I had to eat something quick and yummy.

0|0
    0|0
  • Salmon in parchment paper and grilled veggies on the side
    Found a nice quick chilli con carne yesterday

0|0
    0|0
  • Uhm... maybe pasta. Or involtini.
    (Involtini can be meat rolls or veggies roll with cheese and other things inside them, really tasty.)

0|0
    0|0
    • involtini are meat or veggies rolls filled with cheese, breadcrumbs and other things. Really tasty and popular in Italy :)

• chicken karaage with some steamed broccoli over rice or ramen

120 gram boneless chicken thigh cut into 3-4 pieces
    2 tsp soy sauce
    1 tbsp sake
    1 tsp grated ginger
    4 tbsp cornstarch
    oil
    1 green onion
    sesame oil

combine first four ingredients and marinade for at least 10 minutes
    remove chicken from marinade and coat with cornstarch
    pan fry chicken until golden brown on both sides
    top chicken with green onion and a few drops of sesame oil
    put on top of rice or ramen

for the broccoli i usually buy a bag of fresh broccoli florets that you can steam microwave in the bag. doesn't take long. you can heat it while cooking the chicken.

0|1
    0|0
  • Sounds good maybe tacos, burgers, or chicken alfredo

0|0
    0|0
  • Poutine. Fries, mushroom gravy, and mozzarella cheese. 😩❀️

0|0
    0|0
  • Ramen noodles with cashew nuts, pepper, and green onions

0|0
    0|0
  • Beans on toast

0|1
    0|0
    • no offense but that sounds gross... yet again I hate beans with a passion so it's probably just me haha

• Fry egg πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

0|1
    0|0
  • Mac n Cheese. Always and forever.

0|0
    0|0
  • Hot pocket into the microwave

0|0
    1|0
  • A 30 minute chicken and rice bake

0|0
    0|0
  • Chicken and rice

0|0
    0|0
  • Show more from Girls

What Guys Said 30

• Crepes. 1/2 cup flour, 1/2 cup milk and an egg, then whatever else I want to add. Cinnamon, cocoa, sugar, vanilla, etc. For filling I like just butter and powdered sugar, a berry preserve, or lemon juice and granulated sugar.

0|1
    0|0
  • 3 Buckets of sand, 2 Buckets of stone, 1 Bucket of Cement, and a splash or two of water. Mix well, and leave to stand. Solid!

0|3
    0|0
  • Many Italian people I've known consider this sacrilege, but I like Naporitan Spaghetti (with ketchup). It's a Japanese twist on spaghetti.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGejr3U0ORo

0|0
    0|0
    • You can skip the parsley and all the fancy BS. Just spaghetti noodles, green pepper, onion, ham/sausage, season with salt a bit, and stir fry it all with ketchup. Voila.

• While my Italian friends consider this blasphemy, many of the Americans I've served this to consider this amazing. It usually tastes a lot fancier than what you might expect when, in reality, it's just spaghetti fried with ketchup. Feel free to be generous with the ketchup.

akihabaranews.com/.../napolitan02.jpg

• marinate some chicken in italian dressing for several hours. then throw it on the grill. prep a veggie on the side... easy easy and very tasty

tuna noodle casserole
    wheat or egg noodles
    can of cream of mushroom
    tuna
    cheese (your choice)
    and any veggies you may want (i used carrots and peas mostly)

you can bake it or cook it on the stove. very easy and quick

0|0
    0|0
  • Being that I don't really do recipes, I just make food and sprinkle whatever I think looks good and good for you. I make a shake though. Tbsp of Peanut butter, chocolate protein powder, banana, 240ml of coconut milk, cinnamon, 1/2 cup dry oatmeal, then you blend the shit out of it.

0|0
    0|0
  • garlic spaghetti with parsley

cook noodles al dente
    chop the garlic in little cubes
    chop fresh parsley
    roast the garlic in olive oil until he starts to be a bit brown
    add the noodles and mix it with 2 forks, if youwant you can add a bit cheese like chedar or gauda, but not too much (would end in a big ball of cheese), at the end add the fresh parsley...

bon apetit

0|0
    0|0
  • Pastry sheets (or just dough)
    Mozzarella cheese
    Red onion
    cherry tomatoes
    And zucchini.

You make little pizza squares. they're good. It's the only thing I know how to make lol

0|0
    0|0
  • I enjoy making a dish that I made up it's called chicken ranch Alfredo this is a recipe for two people,,
    one small package of spaghetti break the past in half and boil cook 1-10oz chicken brest make sure it's cooked all the way through without burning it dice into 1/4inch pieces
    1 bottle 11.8 oz creamy Alfredo sauce
    and 8 oz of Ranch dressing
    combined everything in a pan after the cooking is complete mix well and serve it's an amazing change of flavor for a dish that's easy to make,, should only take about 15/20 minn to complete, you might try a glass of sweet white Zinfandel whine and garlic bread it's so yummy let me know what you think ok

0|0
    0|0
  • Simplest recipe I can think of:
    Boil water - make tea
    Make a ham&cheese sandwich with some lettuce, tomato and onion. Add mayo/ketchup

Breakfast.

0|0
    0|0
  • French toast. Just soak toast in egg and cinnamon if you want and fry it. Takes 15 minutes tops

0|0
    0|0
  • meat (just about any meat) chili powder and garlic salt its really good

0|0
    0|0
  • EGG SURPRISE STUFFED BUTTERNUT:

Cut a butternut in half (long-ways) and cook each half by boiling, steaming, microwaving etc. 5-7 min
    Cook some mince meat with tomato paste and whatever spices you want. 10 min.
    Crack an egg open in the empty seed-storage-space-thing of the butternut with some cheese. Place in the oven for 10-15 min so the egg can cook (you decide how hard you want the egg).
    Place the mince over the top of the egg and along the rest of the butternut.

And voila!
    Easy to eat with knife and fork/spoon.
    The cooking of the mince can be done while the butternut cooks so you save even more time.
    A single half is a lot of food and can easily feed 1 person and there may even be leftovers for breakfast.

0|0
    0|0
  • 1. Aquire ramen

2. boil water

3. eat ramen

4. snort flavor packet

5. drink boiling water

0|0
    0|0
  • Grilled cheese.

Ingredients:
    Cheese
    Bread
    Butter.

0|0
    0|0
  • Banana Pancakes
    2 eggs
    1 banana

Mix together in a batter. Fry it in a pan. Easy.

0|0
    0|0
  • Italian beef with giardinara peppers

0|0
    0|0
  • steak egg and chops

0|0
    0|0
  • Ramen noodles

0|0
    0|0
  • Scramble eggs πŸ’ͺπŸΌπŸ‘ˆπŸΌ

1|0
    0|0
  • Eggs

0|0
    0|0
  • brad cheese tomato

0|0
    0|0
  • Potatoes.

0|0
    0|0
  • plain pasta

0|0
    0|0
  • calling dominos

0|0
    0|0
  • Toast

0|0
    0|1
  • A sandwich πŸ˜…

0|0
    0|0
  • Grilled Cheese lmao

0|0
    0|0
  • Sweetcorn & tuna pasta. It's amazing, super easy and quite cheap.
    - Pasta
    - Plain tomato sauce
    - Tin of smoked tuna
    - Sweetcorn
    That's how I make it on my student budget, but optionally I guess you could add:
    - Chilies or sweet red peppers
    - Pepper
    - Basil
    - Garlic
    - Edam cheese on top

Recipe: Boil the pasta then add the other ingredients

0|1
    0|0
  • pancakes made with banana and eggs

take two eggs
    mix together
    crush banana completely
    add to eggs
    mix up
    put in pan
    pancake comes out

bananas contain many carbs and are naturally starchy so thats why you can make a pancake with it. it is a good healthy replacement for starch in any recipe needing starch.

0|1
    0|0
  • Raw fish, soy sauce, wasabi. chop stix.

0|0
    0|0
    • whenever you make sure the raw fish has been frozen under -20 celsius for two days... you will avoid anisaki.

• Show All
    • @guilly18butnot Good on ya bro. I like cooking too but I'm not very good at it yet. I'll get there. :)

Cheers

• I love sushi! I've never tried making it though since I don't have a freezer that goes that cold... plus there's a sushi restaurant right below my apartm complex for whenever I want to get my sushi fix

Recommended myTakes