What is your favorite easy recipe?

Just want to get some new easy recipe ideas that only take like 15-30min tops to make and are actually delicious. Would be fun if people shared theirs!
I made this yesterday and it came out really well:

Chicken and spinach pasta
serves about 2-3 (perfect for one person since you have leftovers for the next day.

Ingredients:
olive oil
2 tspn of garlic infused olive oil
250g of diced chicken breast
1 bird's eye chili (or your choice of chili.. make it as spicy or mild as you want)
~350ml of cream
2 handfuls of spinach
parmigian cheese
salt+pepper
2-3 tspn of pesto
500g of pasta (I prefer the spiral type since you get more cream on it)

Start boiling water for pasta and start cooking it. Meanwhile heat your wok with enough olive oil to cook your chicken. Cook chicken on both sides until some parts are a golden brown... don't overcook it (cut in half to check if fully cooked). Right before the chicken is finished cooking add the 2 tspn of garlic infused olive oil and your chili. Season wih salt+pepper. Add ~350-400ml of cream depending on how creamy you want it. Add the 2-3tspn of pesto (first add 2, can add more later when tasting). Let it simmer on low heat for like 3-5min, you just want to thicken up the cream a bit, that's all. Season to taste. Turn off the heat. Add the cooked pasta into the wok. Mix the pasta with the sauce and add the spinach. Grate some parm cheese and finished. Really easy and really delicious.
also you can add the 2tspn of garlic oil first then add enough oil to cook the chicken if you want it less oily/healtheir.

3331

Most Helpful Girl

• I make my own chicken lo mein takes maybe 10 minutes to prep and about 20 minutes to cook, serves around 8 (I make it all for the two of us plus we take left overs the next day) obviously you can cut recipe in half
    Ingredients:
    1 and 1/2 lbs chicken breast, cut into small chunks
    1 16 oz box of linguine, cut in half
    4 carrots, peeled and cut 3 inches long or grated
    1 (small) yellow onion, chopped
    1 bunch green onions, cut 3 inches long
    4 garlic cloves, minced
    1/4 cup soy sauce
    1 teaspoon garlic powder
    1 teaspoon corn starch
    4 cups vegetable or chicken broth

Cook chicken in pot on medium heat for 5-6 minutes. Once it is no longer pink add the pasta and broth and bring to a boil then add in the remainder of the ingredients, stir, cover, reduce heat to medium-low, and let cook through for about 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally. You may end up needing to add more liquid but do so slowly.

Most Helpful Guy

• By easy you mean quick, or easy to perform?

For example, I like a good thick filet of black angus made on the grill of a charcoal BBQ. It just takes a few minutes and requires no previous preparation. It is quick and easy.

Yet, it is also very easy to cook some pork ribs in the slow cooker. Just mix the ingredients in the right proportions, put them in the pot of the slow cooker, and let it go. This however requires a bit of preparation as it requires some experience to know the proportions of the ingredients, the ingredientes themselves, and the required timing.

As an added bonus. To what some people is easy, some other might find it horribly difficult. As a Spaniard (from Spain) myself, I find it easy to cook a Spanish omelette (potato omelette), but the original recipe might be quite challenging to many, specially the part when flipping the omelette.

Another example. Grilling squid is quick and very tasty. Adding a bit of minced garlic, olive oil and parsely can do the final trick. However, grilling/panfrying a squid can also be very tricky, as if you exceed the cooking time it will be too hard to chew, and it is very easy to overcook it if you don't have too much experience. If you know how to, it should not take more than 7 minutes, mis en place included.

As a experienced cook myself, most of the easy dishes to cook for me might be challenging to others, as they might require some techniques or experience to elaborate them.

The simplest dish I love the most, is the English breakfast. Sunny side up fried eggs and crispy bacon, or smoked salmon, with some toasts of a good bread. Rubbing some tomatoes to the toast will enhance the flavour of the dish.

• Oh, and the simplest salad ever: some very good crispy green lettuce with spring onions in julienne cut, with some extra virgin olive oil and maldom salt.

• Thanks! I would love to hear how to make the Spanish omelete, I had one once and found it delicious. I've never made squid before, but will give it a try since I loved it when my mom cooked it when I was younger!

• Well, if you browse the Internet looking for the recipe for the Spanish omelette, here's a hint so you don't end up cooking some weird omelette that has nothing to do with the original one.

Ingredients are potatos, eggs, and olive oil. And often, onion. Of course salt (and optional black pepper) are included. If the recipe adds any other weird stuff then discard it.

This guy cooks a really good Spanish omelette: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JceGMNG7rpU He's a reknowned Spanish chef living in the UK. Beware that as extra virgin olive oil can have a strong taste, using 0.4ΒΊ acidity regular olive oil will do too.