Non-diverse bar/pub staff?

I'm mixed, and I keep noticing the female staff at different bars and pubs I go to being all white. I understand that places have a reputation to keep up and they want their girls to be attracting customers, but where is the diversity? Do other races just not apply? Maybe it's just the places I am going to...

16

Most Helpful Guy

• So you want bars to hire by race?
    What is the racial make up of the area you live?

• No, I don't want people to hire by race. Most qualified candidate should get the job, and maybe the most qualified candidates just happen to be white. The area I'm from is very mixed though, so it just seems odd.

• Well it is a possibility that mostly white women applied for the jobs and got hired.

Most Helpful Girl

• Pubs are a Caucasian thing, so hence they want to hire people that look Caucasian.

For example, Chinese restaurants always have Chinese people.

It's got nothing to do with discrimination.