Have you ever had a "brain freeze" before?

For those who don't know what a brain freeze, it is a feeling of pain around the head area after eating/drinking something cold too fast.

I can't be more specific unfortunately though, since I've never had one-- even after trying to get one. When I was younger, I remember even faking having one to try and fit in with my friends 😂.

Have you ever had a brain freeze? How would you describe what it feels like?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Yeeeessss😱😱😱 I hate it. It's a really intense feeling (for me just above my right eyebrow and spanning my head) it really hurts like half a migrate hut it goes away pretty fast if you put your tongue and pallet and hold it there till it goes away

0|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Best description I can give of the sensation is intense seizing pain in the centre of the head above the back of the throat, it radiates out of the throat to the rest of the head

www.sciencedaily.com/.../130522095335.htm

there is a poorly protected nerve ganglia at the back of the throat that often responds particularly strongly to cold.

0|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 8

• A brain freeze is a result of the nerves in the roof of your mouth dilate.

0|1
    0|0
  • I have. It's definitely a very hard to explain sensation. It's definitely painful for me. A few intense moments of pain that makes it hard to talk for a little bit.

0|1
    0|0
  • No. I can never get one. My overly sensitive teeth always get in the way. 😔

0|1
    0|0
  • Yeah I thought I was going to die

0|1
    0|0
  • yeah I think so

0|1
    0|0
  • Sure have. Cold headache.

0|1
    0|0
  • Oh yesssss I have lol

0|1
    0|0
  • debilitating

0|1
    0|0

What Guys Said 8

• Yes, they are horrible... A really bad can be so intense that you can't think for a few moments...

0|1
    0|0
    • I'm trying to get a Kickstarter fund going for an expedition to the Antarctic circle to study them in their native land...

• Lmao maybe then and only then we can find the cure to brain freeze, mankind's greatest enemy

• oh yeah. Here in my town we have THE BEST EVER ice cream in the Entire World!!! Superior Dairy is the name from hanford california!

0|1
    0|0
  • Yea many times. Kinda feels like a headache but more intense and lasts short time.

0|1
    0|0
  • I've never had one. Probably because I scarf down the ice cream before it affects my head.

0|1
    0|0
  • Ofcourse, it's just that it feels like you should not be doing that

0|1
    0|0
  • yes, I have

0|1
    0|0
  • a lot of times

0|1
    0|0
  • yes many times 😱😨😰