Have you ever had a "brain freeze" before?

For those who don't know what a brain freeze, it is a feeling of pain around the head area after eating/drinking something cold too fast.

I can't be more specific unfortunately though, since I've never had one-- even after trying to get one. When I was younger, I remember even faking having one to try and fit in with my friends 😂.

Have you ever had a brain freeze? How would you describe what it feels like?

99

Most Helpful Girl

• Yeeeessss😱😱😱 I hate it. It's a really intense feeling (for me just above my right eyebrow and spanning my head) it really hurts like half a migrate hut it goes away pretty fast if you put your tongue and pallet and hold it there till it goes away

Most Helpful Guy

• Best description I can give of the sensation is intense seizing pain in the centre of the head above the back of the throat, it radiates out of the throat to the rest of the head

www.sciencedaily.com/.../130522095335.htm

there is a poorly protected nerve ganglia at the back of the throat that often responds particularly strongly to cold.