Can I drink carbonated/flavored water as long as it has zero calories while on a water fast?

A water fast is when you drink only water for a period of time. You do not eat or drink anything else. I am doing this safely so please do not comment how it is bad for me or dangerous. I've done my research. I'm responsible.
  • Yes
    Vote A
  • No
    Vote B
  • I don't know what a water fast is...
    Vote C
  • Other (comment)
    Vote D
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Zero calorie drinks like coke zero, diet sodas and anything that uses artificial sweeteners like aspartame will promote weight gain. Im a master of losing and gaining weight (due to good habits i build like eating right and exercising). Drink WATER ONLY. If you want a break from water, nothing diet or coke zero like. Just get the normal sweetened stuff as your body can digest it better. Do a lot of cardio and make sure you sweat.

Another trick is having a black coffee everyday which speeds up your metabolism.

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I am not going to tell you that fasts are dangerous. I am going to tell you they are a load of crap that doesn't work in any way that you think it does, and doesn't do anything helpful for your body.

Do it for spiritual reasons perhaps, but don't get into the disordered eating pattern of fad cleanses and fasts. It can become a form of anorexia.

Most of those calorie free beverages are full of chemicals that aren't good for you and could make you sick while fasting. At the very least, drink real fruit and vegetable flavored waters.

1|0
    0|0
    • I have done it for one week and had goo results before

• Show All
    • Clear skin, detox, weight loss, get emotionally stronger, and to come closer to God. And afterwards I plan to eat only fruits, veggies, and chicken/turkey.

• Well, it doesn't help with skin, and your body already detoxes itself quite effectively. But you have emotional reasons for doing it. That's a different story.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 7

• Yes, for the purpose of fasting you can. Although anything carbonated is going to hurt as hell on an empty stomach. You shouldn't be doing a water fast in the first place though, especially not when you're 16.

1|0
    0|0
  • If you were responsible you wouldn't ask... Is this meant to be a diet or something? Duration?

1|0
    0|0
  • Just drink tea instead of flavoured water. Flavoured water is full of chemicals.

1|1
    0|1
  • I'd say carbonated yes flavored no since flavors can have all sorts of stuff in them.

0|0
    0|1
  • You are 16 you are not responsible. Ask your parents or see a doctor.

0|1
    1|0
  • Just drink water nothing else regular soda is better than diet soda or zero calorie ones

0|0
    0|0
  • this is a bad idea OP

2|1
    0|0

What Girls Said 2

• If you've done your research you should know.

2|0
    0|0
    • Well this is one part of my research that I couldn't nail down with an answer

• Show All
    • All doctors will just offer healthier roads to take but this is the road I am choosing.

• Of course them and their 8+ years of study won't know anything more than that helpful google search! And I'm sure you were smart and had a kidney function test before starting, as all good researchers would do. Or at least googled what to do when they fail so you don't have to bother with calling an ambulance.

• Yes, that's fine. I know you said not to comment, but you really shouldn't do this.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes