Can I drink carbonated/flavored water as long as it has zero calories while on a water fast?

A water fast is when you drink only water for a period of time. You do not eat or drink anything else. I am doing this safely so please do not comment how it is bad for me or dangerous. I've done my research. I'm responsible.
  • Yes
  • No
  • I don't know what a water fast is...
    Vote C
  • Other (comment)
    Vote D

38

Most Helpful Guy

• Zero calorie drinks like coke zero, diet sodas and anything that uses artificial sweeteners like aspartame will promote weight gain. Im a master of losing and gaining weight (due to good habits i build like eating right and exercising). Drink WATER ONLY. If you want a break from water, nothing diet or coke zero like. Just get the normal sweetened stuff as your body can digest it better. Do a lot of cardio and make sure you sweat.

Another trick is having a black coffee everyday which speeds up your metabolism.

Most Helpful Girl

• I am not going to tell you that fasts are dangerous. I am going to tell you they are a load of crap that doesn't work in any way that you think it does, and doesn't do anything helpful for your body.

Do it for spiritual reasons perhaps, but don't get into the disordered eating pattern of fad cleanses and fasts. It can become a form of anorexia.

Most of those calorie free beverages are full of chemicals that aren't good for you and could make you sick while fasting. At the very least, drink real fruit and vegetable flavored waters.

• I have done it for one week and had goo results before

• Clear skin, detox, weight loss, get emotionally stronger, and to come closer to God. And afterwards I plan to eat only fruits, veggies, and chicken/turkey.

• Well, it doesn't help with skin, and your body already detoxes itself quite effectively. But you have emotional reasons for doing it. That's a different story.