Dehydration problems?

So I tend to not think about how much water I need in a day and I can get pretty dehydrated easily. I've been like that again lately and I'm drinking around 80-100 oz of water these past 5 days or so. It hasn't really seemed to help. I just get kind of a light headed type of feeling and can feel just sort of off balance. And sometimes I'll get this feeling like my head is being pushed back for a second and then it's gone. Has anyone else had symptoms like this? I feel like it's happened so much to me over the past 3 years or so I don't know if it's really lack of water or something else my body needs? Any suggestions would help :)

26

Most Helpful Guy

• You're questions are so sensible. I suffer from dehydration constantly as a result of having my colon removed at 29 due to a severe case of UC, one other problem is iron consumption, which can also lead to light headedness. I hope you have seeked out medical guidance, for what its worth, they knew nothing of mine until it about killed me, and was in and out of hospitals a lot before the UC got spotted. So please be careful

Most Helpful Girl

• Wait, does it usually happen when getting up? Such as a couch, bed, chair, etc.

• No more so when I'm walking a lot. Most of the time I don't notice it when I'm sitting down. But the past few days I've been feeling better. I've had only water for about 10 days now.

• Well that's good because I was about to say that sometimes we tend to get up too fast which causes us to feel lightheaded and like you said also "feeling like you're head is being pushed back."

• Well it's a lot more consistent than just getting a head rush. It can last for hours or more :/