What is your signature dish when trying to impress someone?

What is your signature dish when trying to impress someone?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Depends how much time and money I'm willing to invest into it. If I wanna make something quick, I'll go for spaghetti aglio e olio. It's super simple to make, easy to plate up so it looks pretty fancy and it tastes good as well. Also it's safe for vegetarians and vegans so that's a bonus.

truffle-assets.imgix.net/...920x1080-thumbnail.jpg

If I REALLY want to impress them I'll roast a rack of lamb, make some red wine sauce for it, then serve it with some mashed potatoes, mushrooms and veggies. Couldn't find an accurate pic but something like this.

c8.alamy.com/.../...-and-red-wine-sauce-HH0KCE.jpg

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 24

• i have an amazing (as said by others) steak marinade i sort of created myself. so steak is often a dinner i'll make

i also make great chicken wings, chicken piccata, chicken parm, stuffed shells and a few other things. Italian dishes are definitely a specialty of mine

0|1
    0|0
  • Rosemary red wine reduction lamb shanks with glazed rainbow carrots and mash. One of my favorites to make.

0|0
    0|0
  • grandmas recipe for home made biscottis and probably my own from scratch pasta sauce. not together of course.

0|0
    0|0
  • Baked Chicken parmesan with spaghetti and marinara sauce.

0|0
    0|0
  • Whatever I think is good and am in the mood for, because I'm awesome and it doesn't matter xD

0|0
    0|0
  • Every guy thinks he's got ths best tomato sauce from granny lol

0|0
    0|0
  • none, i'll eat whatever i want, i dont care if she hates it.

0|0
    0|0
  • Tacos!!! My recipe is ground beef, Mexican spices, black beans and corn. It's deeelicious

0|1
    0|0
  • Roast. with roasted potatoes, onions and carrots. dinner rolls. and wine. with candles.

1|0
    0|0
  • I don't know but that looks gross

1|1
    0|0
  • KFC. Fancy!

2|0
    0|0
  • pancakes in the shape of hearts

1|0
    0|0
  • Ramen noodles

1|0
    0|0
  • ice cream, haven't failed me yet

1|0
    0|0
  • Manwich

0|1
    0|0
  • Chili is my favorite dish to do so

0|0
    0|0
  • Pizza. lmao.

0|0
    0|0
  • burnt eggs. i can't cook well :s

0|0
    0|0
  • Spaghetti

0|0
    0|0
  • Traditional Greek Gyro w/seasoned fries! 🍟🍛

0|0
    0|0
  • One of the many pasta sauces I can make.

0|0
    0|0
  • Cock-meat sandwhich

0|0
    0|0
  • Pancakes.

0|0
    0|0
  • Spaghetti's

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 19

• I make a dish called chicken homard
    It's a breast of chicken stuffed with fresh lobster meat and Swiss cheese, breaded and baked and then topped with a lemon herb cream sauce. I stole it from a restaurant I've visited in my travels.

1|1
    0|0
  • Chicken nuggets from McDonalds but they're on a nice platter so people think I made them.

2|3
    0|0
  • Salmon with spicy fried rice and cucumber and lime (I try to make the presentation look fancy) or creamy garlic lemon shrimp linguine with black pepper on top and parsley

0|0
    0|0
  • Just made this today. Mediterranean orzo rice.

0|0
    0|0
    • Brown rice With feta cheese, spinach, tomatoes and Italian dressing.

• Errr... not that.

I tend to ask people what they like before I cook something. I like to make sure they like what they will eat. That's just me.

0|0
    0|0
  • I nearly my flatmate and I in the kitchen the other (no details except it involved fire). So just going to stick to the simple spaghetti bolognaise

1|0
    0|0
  • My cooking is mediocre (but decent) because i have no one to impress lol. I cook well, I just don't have a lot of variety.

0|0
    0|0
  • For a light appetizer before, I make gluten free croissants with raisins and my own hummus. We usually snack on that while I make a super easy one pan meal - salmon, potatoes, veggies, lemon and spices. (If he doesn't like fish I usually do chicken.) Then for dessert I make my own fudge! It's really terrible for you but man it's good. I found the recipe for it on all recipes. com. That's where most of my inspiration comes from! If you want to impress anyone with a nice homemade meal, I would highly recommend this site.

0|0
    0|0
  • mini cupcakes. cause mine are unique and great tasting, and you make so many at once so it is even more impressive.

0|0
    0|0
  • Salmon wrapped in paper with Greek yogurt, lemon, chilli and veg.

0|0
    0|0
  • microwaved noodles LOL

4|1
    0|0
  • I usually make brownies or cup cakes!

1|1
    0|0
  • Tofu scrambled

2|0
    0|0
    • Are you vegetarian?

• Show All
    • Your welcome hopefully you decide to watch that documentary I think it will open your eyes some.

• I definitely will! And even if I don't go fully vegan, maybe I'll be inspired to at least cut back :)

• I made a creamy chicken, bacon corn chowder.

0|0
    0|0
  • Home made Alfredo you can't go wrong with that

0|0
    0|0
  • What is that dish called in the pic

0|0
    0|0
    • It was some sort of dumpling pho in a Vietnamese reastaurant, if I remember correctly. It didn't taste good at all, though. 😅

• I guess they don't cook well

• tempura

0|0
    0|0
  • mac n cheese lol

0|0
    0|0
  • I make a mean veggie and banana/tofu stir fry

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes