Is there a type of food or a specific meal that you remember vividly but haven't been able to recreate or get it again?

I lived in the States for awhile in my teens and stayed with an Amish family for a week. The mum made the most AMAZING strawberry cream pie that despite my best efforts I've never been able to recreate.
I still think about that pie ๐Ÿ˜‚ Do you have a culinary experience or a food that you enjoyed so much you can still remember it?

1410

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes , i remember in my teen years eating a oatmeal
    that was made by Sun-Maid it was raisin and cinnamon
    to this day i can't find the oatmeal and i do believe they
    stopped making it. The last time i ate it i was a Junior
    or Senior in High School but it was some good oatmeal.

Most Helpful Girl

• Aww yess. This Moroccan street candy my father used to get me when I was a kid. It's like stale cotton candy but it's made of toasted chickpeas powder and sugar. It was pink and white... I never found it again, I googled it like a thousand times but never found it. It was soooo delicious and very cheap.