Is there a type of food or a specific meal that you remember vividly but haven't been able to recreate or get it again?

Is there a type of food or a specific meal that you remember vividly but haven't been able to recreate or get it again?

I lived in the States for awhile in my teens and stayed with an Amish family for a week. The mum made the most AMAZING strawberry cream pie that despite my best efforts I've never been able to recreate.
I still think about that pie ๐Ÿ˜‚ Do you have a culinary experience or a food that you enjoyed so much you can still remember it?

0|1

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes , i remember in my teen years eating a oatmeal
    that was made by Sun-Maid it was raisin and cinnamon
    to this day i can't find the oatmeal and i do believe they
    stopped making it. The last time i ate it i was a Junior
    or Senior in High School but it was some good oatmeal.

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Aww yess. This Moroccan street candy my father used to get me when I was a kid. It's like stale cotton candy but it's made of toasted chickpeas powder and sugar. It was pink and white... I never found it again, I googled it like a thousand times but never found it. It was soooo delicious and very cheap.

1|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 9

• I'm an icecream lover and when I was on the Canary Islands on multiple occasions I've eaten ice cream of a quality I've never eaten anywhere I've been.
    They're well known for it.
    Another thing I loved, in Scotland, was short bread. We took a big box home and enjoyed over a long time :D

1|0
    0|0
  • On our honeymoon cruise decades ago, they served us some pasta for one dinner, and poured some extremely vivid green basil sauce on it. It was fantastic! It was an Italian crew, but the funny thing was, even though their food was fantastic overall, they made the most hideous pizza. I think a piece of cardboard with ketchup on it would have been better.

1|0
    0|0
  • I had Crab Imperial at a seaside restaurant in a little historic coastal town in North Carolina many many years ago (it was in 1990). Far and away it was the best Crab Imperial that i have ever had. I've never found a Crab Imperial anywhere that can compare.

1|0
    0|0
  • Jimanetti's Pizza (if I spelled that right). It was just one store and not a chain like Pizza Hut's crap. My favorite place back in the 1980's. Unfortunatately he never shared his secrets with anyone and it went out of business after he died (he was still making pizza in his 80's).

1|0
    0|0
  • Most of my grandmother's who passed away a long time ago. I can taste them in my head, but never for real...

1|0
    0|0
  • Italian food, but I know where to get it. In the Alps, in villages!

0|0
    0|0
  • Homemade Lasagna with equal distributions of meat, pasta and cheese.

0|0
    0|0
  • hot raspberries from a restaurant called Mutter Wittig in Bochum, Germany. SO GOOD!

0|0
    0|0
    • Are they fresh but just warm?

• Yes, but it has more stuff, a vanilla sauce which is great, that is the hard part to replicate, I tried, mine was good, but not as good as the restaurant one. I miss the ingredients

• yep. its weird but, fermented horse milk. its like really sour yogurt drink. i love it

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 13

• I went out to tea with my friends many years ago at TWG Tea, and they ordered this amazing crunchy textured custard cake that I think was called a tea infused creme brulee cake. I've been trying to look for it and or buy it since then whenever I go there, but they're always either sold out or unavailable on display so it didn't make me bother to ask since I didn't know what it was called (neither did my friend who ordered it smh) but yeah I still dream of that dessert until now

1|0
    0|0
    • That sounds really yummy! I've had the same kind of thing with a raspberry, white chocolate and basil layer cake that I'd love to find again

• Once in Berlin we ate a Dรถner (Turkish food) and like Dรถner is very common in Germany but this one what we ate there in Berlin, that shit was amazing!! It was the best and damn thing, never found it again, I could cry just thinking about it haha

1|0
    0|0
  • My nan used to make this traditional Dutch dessert that looks like timbits but she would put raisins, apple, cranberry, you name it, inside them. I think they were called ooliebollen (no idea how it's spelled haha)

1|0
    0|0
  • When I was in the Army one of my fellow MPs was married to an Italian girl and they invited me over for dinner along with several others. She made everything and I mean everything from scratch how her family made them and they were nothing like places like Olive Garden have. Several pastas and sauces to die for. Plus my late grandma's fried chicken.

1|0
    0|0
  • There was a type of gun they sold in a funny square bottle that I loved as a child. I don't remember what it tastes like anymore and I can't find it anywhere. Doesn't help that I don't know what it's called

1|0
    0|0
  • my nan from my mum's side made this potato cheese dish that you put in the oven and have no idea what it was let alone what to do to recreate it.

1|0
    0|0
  • This ad libbed pasta dish my baby sitter once made. And this cheese toppped, buttered and herbed yellow rice dish they served on a resort I wemt to.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes it's this Mexican dish that I loooooooove but I don't know how to make it ๐Ÿ˜‘

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes Turkish kebab in Verona italy

1|0
    0|0
  • damn i would eat that cake high

0|0
    0|0
  • Aaseeda. - A breakfast dish from North Africa
    Literally flour and water with a pinch of salt and sugar that? sort heated until you have a hot dough, then date syrup is poured over and you enjoy

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes! I remember being on the boardwalk at a beach when I was younger and smelling this amazing ice cream place. To this day, I still haven't been able to find a similar smell

1|1
    0|0
    • I wonder if we've played these things up in our head and if we actually got to have it again it wouldn't be as good ๐Ÿ˜›

• It's very possible lol

• my ex's dick for example. Amazing dish can't find anything similar

0|1
    0|0

Recommended myTakes