What do you think are the real harms of fastfood?

The media stereotype is that its just unhealthy & makes you fat.
Not only is that inaccurate its also misleading & tricks people away from the real harms of it.

I believe that it's super harmful, not only is it addictive, It plays a big role in spreading diseases (Globally), plays with both genders hormones & helps in brain washing societies.

Thoughts? Share an opinion 😊What do you think are the real harms of fastfood??
  • Just makes you fat
    Vote A
  • Plays a bigger role
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Yuck... fecal :s This is why some people prefer to eat at home

0|1
    0|0
    • You can follow up on the investigation 😊 I used to be crazy about fastfood as a child, things are more clear for me now

• Show All
    • You are what you eat 😊

• Best quote ever lol, since it's really true.

Most Helpful Guy

• Well since processed soybean acts like estrogen in the human body, it's having an effect on society. Men have less testosterone levels than their fathers, and their fathers... Women are also getting more breast cancer because of it. This would also explain the epidemic of transexuals right now. The processed soybean is found in almost every thing you eat it's called soy bean oil, or soy lecithin. The soy bean isn't really bad, because actual soy beans are good for you. Soy lecithin is always bad, and it's in every candy, icecream, fruit drinks, and most sodas. It is also having an effect with puberty especially with girls, girls as young as 6 can start periods now and it last longer. Have you noticed how well developed high school girls are compared to the boys now, they look like college students. Their is also too much estrogen in the water supply now from decades of women taking birth control and pissing it out, our water systems don't filter out everything.

0|1
    0|0
    • I needed to hear that, thanks. Love your keen eye of detail

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 2

• Mainly addiction (being the major issue) and convenience.

Addiction- It's like "comfort food" we crave for comfort food. When we want to have comfort food we just have it. A lot of the comfort food we eat are mainly fast food (in general).

Convenience- no effort, specic "cheap" days, joining fast food clubs to receive certain benefits etc
    It eliminates a lot of the time to
    Purchase produce--> prepare--> cook meal

Don't all humans have fecal? In their intestines? I'm sure their are two different types of known fecal (which ironically already exist in us humans).

It also says ice drinks in coffee shops aswell. Not actual hot beverages.

0|2
    0|0
    • Thats colibacteria which is present in the intestines, that's harmless. Faecal bacteria is a distinct but sub group of it. That's toxic & plays a hugs role in transmitting diseases amongst humans & animals like the Hln1 epidemic & bird flu that hit the globe

• Show All
    • I find it plausible

• Your smarter than that 😉

• *Shrugs* I know the risks, I will still eat it/drink it.

0|1
    0|0

What Guys Said 10

• Fast food is a broad category like steroids or alcohol. Despite what the media says none of these are necessarily all bad. Are we talking about a glass of red wine or doing shots of Jack? Get what I am saying? SOME types of alcohol, steroids, and fast food are bad. Any type of these are bad if you take too much. I'm 51 years old. I drink 2 glasses of red wine every night. Take enough injectable testosterone so my T levels are that of an 18 year old. Take a small injectable dose of Deca Durabolin which acts as an anti inflammitory on my banged up joints. I eat nothing but protein, healthy fats, and vegetables all day except for at night. Every night I eat either a Whopper, Beef Burrito from Taco Bell, or a large slice of pizza. I walk around at 6% bodyfat, a full set of abs, and the body of an 18 year old. Beautiful cholesterol levels. My daily junk food keeps me from binging and is my reward for eating healthy and exercising daily. To me there is good and bad junk food. I don't eat ice cream, fries or pastries. But I eat junk food every night with no ill effects.

0|1
    0|0
  • It is probably due to two issues:

1.) The water is not filtered or treated. Highly unlikely as this issue would be noticed since it is not a coffee issue, its a tap water issue.

2.) the coffee beans are not cleaned properly, so the fertilizer the coffee is grown in is still in trace amounts on the beans. More likely in my opinion. Reality is that your mocha frappa dappa kappa coffee with whip and KY jelly was made with beans picked by some underpaid Columbian kid who is dealing with daily swamp ass as he picks said beans in the fields. If its in the top 3 chains, I think this is the case, as they are getting their beans for a low price *somewhere* so why not a 3rd world country where quality is not really an issue?

Coffee does have benefits, as does most things, if taken in moderation and within reason (no point in getting a double shot of espresso if you're going to be calmly sitting down typing up a fan-fiction).

Most food we eat has mold spores on it because they're so hard to kill by any commercial/tradition methods. Most people aren't affected because we build up an immunity from constant exposure and widespread exposure (herd immunity).

0|1
    0|0
  • The worst thing about fastfood is proportions and calories. I've heard that fastfood burgers and fries are getting a slight percentage larger every year or so. They do it to stay ahead of their competition, but the calorie content is making people incredibly fat. Fatter people need bigger vehicles, won't fit in airplane seats, etc. The only way to avoid it is to stay away from the fastfood, or stay active and exercise it off.

0|1
    0|0
  • The problem with fast food is that it's calorie-dense, yet not nutrient-dense. It contains lots of salt, sugar, and fat which our tongues obviously like, but given that we aren't out hunting and gathering all day, it's not something our bodies really need. However, saying that it plays a role in spreading disease and what not seems really questionable. Because of knowledge and regulation, food is safer than it's ever been and corporate farming is a big part of that as it helps to standardize food practices. If you go to India, you'll find that most food is purchased at small farmer's markets, which is the type of thing that many Americans romanticize. However, what you'll also notice is that when you purchase food from a vendor in India, they'll never give you a receipt. If you insist on a receipt, they just won't sell it to you. Why? Because they don't want to be on the hook if they make you sick!

1|0
    0|0
    • Sometimes we need to think outside the box 😊 It is questionable oh yeah. But it makes you double think things we take for granted

• people don't have enough time to cook a meal, so fastfood was created. Its a problem if people don't have enough time to cook a meal, but have enough time to work, get paid, buy and consume too much food, and still complain they don't have enough time.
    Money wise, you can save on buying ingredients for meals in bulk, and sticking to simple stuff like veg and fruit. so I only see fastfood as time convienence.

0|1
    0|0
  • Eh I quit eating it and lost 20 lbs in 4 months from that alone (no exercise), so it does make you fat at the very least. As a bonus that's $150-200 a month for a Backpage ho instead of McDonald's and Taco Bell.

0|1
    0|0
  • are we calling facts and years of research stereotypes now?

0|0
    0|0
  • The main threat is death.

0|1
    0|0
  • You get cancer from them and shit tier energy.

0|1
    0|0
  • Plays a bigger role

0|1
    0|0

Recommended myTakes