Why do steaks from restaurants taste so much better than the ones purchased from supermarkets?

From New York steaks to ribeye. Not only that, the "fat" on the restaurant steaks is easier to swallow unlike the ones from supermarkets. Is it because of what the cow is fed? Or is it some kind of "secret ingredient"?

1313

Most Helpful Girl

• Generally the quality is better, meat is graded and restaraunts source the highest. They also prepare and cook tailored to cut, size and fat content whereas most of us just throw it on the grill until it looks and feels done at home

Most Helpful Guy

• you can see in that pic the quality of the meat.. if you buy the steak from supermarket it would be usually 1st or 2nd one.. but restaurants (nice restaurants), they start to use from 5th.. especially if you can find 10-12 kinda steak, then you should go for it