Is drinking really that fun for y'all?

My birthday was the other day and my sisters and I went into the city and drank. I don't drink more than 2x a year (if that) but when I have, I pretty much drink everyone I'm with under the table... and usually could keep going. The thing about it is, when I get drunk, nothing seems to happen. Like, I act a bit clumsier and get tired, but that's about it. Like, I don't go crazy or accidentally drunk text people or say weird shit or do anything that much out of the ordinary for me (minus my 21st, but I was in Miami, so... yeah). I always hear people say how much fun they had when they were drunk, but I don't really have that much more fun if I were sober. Am I missing something?

2|1

Most Helpful Girl

• I've only gotten slightly buzzed but I get pretty affectionate lol. I'm a softy at heart and I'm just a lot less self conscious about it once I've gotten some drinks in me. The most I've experienced is that I'm slightly unbalanced and I'm a lot less tense, but I'll still be 100% aware of what I'm saying/doing and the ramifications and I'm able to decide against certain behaviors. The good thing is that I don't harbor any dark secrets.

1|1
    0|0
    • I don't find it necessary to have fun, by the way. And I prefer to view my world through a clear mind.

• Show All
    • I don't notice it at first. I'll usually just catch myself in the act of being really affectionate or sociable and then I'll think to myself "I wouldn't be this open if I were sober". I know what you mean about not feeling any different, though. I tend to be really open while sober, I just put less consideration into my wording while buzzed. I'm basically the same person before and after. I just give less f***s than I typically do, which is a low amount to begin with.

• @Other_Tommy_Wiseau And it has minimal physical affect on me besides making me slightly more clumsy, warm, and more lax.

Most Helpful Guy

• I use alcohol to lighten the mood and remove the anxiety of being in a big crowd. Other than that, I don't like it much. Getting shit faces and puking everywhere is not fun

0|1
    0|0
    • The anxiety thing doesn't really work for me. I still feel the same, regardless of how much I drink. Like, do you purposely do it or does it just happen?

• Well I know my body and I react to any substance very quickly. I do it on purpose and it happens like clockwork. I did it tonight in fact and bam it worked.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 11

• I wouldn't call it fun. It's definitely an experience. I've gotten blackout drunk many times and it's pretty scary. I don't drink as much anymore and when I do, I'm aware of my limits.

0|1
    0|0
  • Who knows lol

Maybe you're immune to alcoholic beverages. I drink on special occasions and even then it's either 2 lager beers or 1 red wine. I drink to enjoy it, not drink to get pissed

0|1
    0|0
  • I'm the same. Sounds like you just have a lot of mind control over your body and you don't let yourself go loose that's why. I've noticed its extremely easy for me to act sober when I'm drunk. I don't black out either even if I've drunk A LOT. I think what you mean is that you feel your body get drunk, but your mind isn't. Even if you're super dizzy and everything is spinning and you walk clumsy or move weird and it's all blurry, you can still be yourself in the back of your mind, right? like you're experiencing your body drunk but you're sober. I don't know at least that's how it is for me, unless I let myself go and purposely let it take over πŸ˜‚

1|1
    0|0
    • Well, it's mostly my hands. I end up spilling shit a little bit and knocked over a cup of water by accident. but beyond that, I'm not really dizzy and can get my balance after a couple seconds. but yeah, I'm generally waiting until I start acting drunk or something to happen and it just doesn't

• It's not what it's hyped up to be. I only drink a quarter of a solo cup of 6% alcohol and I'm hammered. I don't like it. It sure is fun to watch your friends get shit faced though!

0|1
    0|0
    • Rispondi in italiano, per favore. Grazie! πŸ™ƒ

• Show All
    • i'm guessing that's a no :P

sarcastico?
      sarkastickΓ½?
      sarcΓ‘stico?
      sarcastique?
      sarkastisch?

surprisingly, i didn't use google translate for any of them! i know languages and ish! :)

• only for a buzz other than that it hurts my stomach and makes me feel sick

0|1
    0|0
  • It's not fun for me.

0|2
    0|0
  • No, I get even more quiet than usual.

0|1
    0|0
  • nope you're lucky it's that way for you.

0|1
    0|0
  • I still haven't drank anything! Pure MF!!

0|0
    0|0
  • no it is not fun n it is not healthy so i dont drink anymore

0|1
    0|0
  • They are lying don't worry

0|1
    0|0

What Guys Said 10

• For people who have some strong social inhibitions, alcohol can help them to relax and drop those inhibitions ("alcohol, the great social lubricant.") If you don't start with strong inhibitions, the effect is reduced. Are you a natural party animal: no inhibitions, say and do whatever you feel like saying and doing?

1|1
    0|0
  • I saw a documentary about an American who got so drunk he had to be hospitalised, each time he got a huge medical bill, after the 3rd time he ran out of money and had to stop drinking. In England you can get as drunk as you want as often as you want, the NHS will treat you for free. They've started outing ads on busses telling women to stop drinking short of the point where they end up in hospital hooked up to an IV drip.

1|1
    0|0
  • Alcohol affects different people differently. Alcohol energizes me and makes me even more social than I already am... so I have a blast when drunk!

Maybe you're a more demure person in general, and/or alcohol affects u differently

1|1
    0|0
    • Well, obviously, but one (I) would think I'd exhibit at least 1 or 2 things psychologically that drunk people tend to do

• It was fun when I was younger but as I've gotten older, it no longer became fun because my hangovers became worse. Up until last year, I was a regular drinker and two days before Christmas, I decided to quit cold turkey. I didn't realize how easy it was and how much better I felt - I feel like a brand new person since I'm no longer putting poison in my body.

1|2
    0|0
  • Hmm how self conscious are you? I'm pretty self conscious and find when i want to feel like myself when i'm drunk i can kind of just do it. Its weird, but i like find my voice in my head which tends to be rational and just snap myself out the drunk experience. If i drink too much to where ill forget things the next day, then i probably didn't have much control over myself. I can also let myself go to and just let myself feel. Its odd that you can drink most people under the table despite not drinking often yourself and still not get to that blackout phase. If you're a big guy it could take a lot more to get you there though.

0|1
    0|0
    • Fairly self conscious, but still. I know a lot of self conscious people who end up paying their shit when drunk. Well, I'm 6'3 190/195, but my dad and uncles and cousins drink waaaay more than I do and are just as big (if not, bigger) and can make them tap out... All without getting nauseous or being hung over

• Hmm thats definitely odd. I have weird thing where edibles don't affect me. I can eat 1000mg and not feel a thing. If you're not too familiar with edibles then 1000mg is very large dose. If someones first time trying a edible and they eat 50MG they'll probably have a very intense unenjoyable high. Only theories i've found for me would be that i dont have the enzymes that break down THC in my liver which. You could lack the enzymes that break down alcohol well. I can't remember, but i'm pretty sure i remember hearing that some people don't feel the effects of alcohol when i was looking up about my problem with edibles.

• Nope I'm done with drinking. I think I relied the same and it can get out of hand with other people. Also don't want a fucking hangover again lmao. The sisters took you out eh? Your the youngest?

0|1
    0|0
    • i've never gotten a hangover, so thank allah for that :D but yeah, if i did, i probably wouldn't drink at all. f dat ish. yeah... technically. i have 2 older sisters and i'm a triplet (both girls). but me and the 2 older 1s live in texas, the other 2 are in california and florida

• Hahaha they aren't pleasant! Dude when you move to Texas and why? Whatever happen to the Florida or NC girl?
      Nice! I have two older sisters buy they haven't taken me out for my birthday, need to have a talk with themπŸ˜€πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

• in January. uh, i got a job there. is it sad i'm still trying to get over that? I don't know if i told you about what happened at my graduation...

also, my sister's fiancee was there, too since he proposed at dinner. so we were celebrating that. also, they wanted to see what downtown austin was like since they live in houston... but yeah, you need to get on them about that :D

• Depends really, i prefer to drink in company. But it's frankly dumb

0|1
    0|0
  • It brings out the freaky loud side of me so yeah ofcourse πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

0|1
    0|0
  • Who gives a shit. Don't got anything better to do than bitch about absolutely nothing?

0|0
    0|0
  • no i dont drink much.

0|1
    0|0

Recommended myTakes