Is drinking really that fun for y'all?

My birthday was the other day and my sisters and I went into the city and drank. I don't drink more than 2x a year (if that) but when I have, I pretty much drink everyone I'm with under the table... and usually could keep going. The thing about it is, when I get drunk, nothing seems to happen. Like, I act a bit clumsier and get tired, but that's about it. Like, I don't go crazy or accidentally drunk text people or say weird shit or do anything that much out of the ordinary for me (minus my 21st, but I was in Miami, so... yeah). I always hear people say how much fun they had when they were drunk, but I don't really have that much more fun if I were sober. Am I missing something?

1211

Most Helpful Girl

• I've only gotten slightly buzzed but I get pretty affectionate lol. I'm a softy at heart and I'm just a lot less self conscious about it once I've gotten some drinks in me. The most I've experienced is that I'm slightly unbalanced and I'm a lot less tense, but I'll still be 100% aware of what I'm saying/doing and the ramifications and I'm able to decide against certain behaviors. The good thing is that I don't harbor any dark secrets.

• I don't find it necessary to have fun, by the way. And I prefer to view my world through a clear mind.

• I don't notice it at first. I'll usually just catch myself in the act of being really affectionate or sociable and then I'll think to myself "I wouldn't be this open if I were sober". I know what you mean about not feeling any different, though. I tend to be really open while sober, I just put less consideration into my wording while buzzed. I'm basically the same person before and after. I just give less f***s than I typically do, which is a low amount to begin with.

• @Other_Tommy_Wiseau And it has minimal physical affect on me besides making me slightly more clumsy, warm, and more lax.

Most Helpful Guy

• I use alcohol to lighten the mood and remove the anxiety of being in a big crowd. Other than that, I don't like it much. Getting shit faces and puking everywhere is not fun

• The anxiety thing doesn't really work for me. I still feel the same, regardless of how much I drink. Like, do you purposely do it or does it just happen?

• Well I know my body and I react to any substance very quickly. I do it on purpose and it happens like clockwork. I did it tonight in fact and bam it worked.