Have studies shown that the underage drinking problem would actually be worse if the US drinking age was 18?

54

Most Helpful Girl

• I think it would be much better if the age was 18. It is much better & safer for college kids to drink at a bar, rather than drink in secret behind closed doors.

Most Helpful Guy

• nope, the drinking age was 18 forever but they raised it to 21 over drunk driving issues, which it did nothing to improve. Comparing to other countries that have lower drinking ages, it would actually be less of a problem if we didn't restrict it as much