Frozen boxed fish, month out of date, still good to eat?

I've got the house to meself for a couple weeks and work and volunteer shit keep pulling me out of the house and keeping me from shopping. So I'm low on food. Found some fish fillets in the freezer that are a month out of date (along with hotdogs that were almost 6 months) and I'm wondering if it's still right to eat?
I looked it up and found that salmon lasts 2-3 months in the freezer if individually wrapped, and codfish or something lasts 6-9 months, again if individually wrapped and wrapped well.
These were just in the box.
Apparently fish doesn't go off in the freezer it just loses its taste but I want to double check.

Will I get sick if I eat these, or will I just need to add some more sauce to get some flavour into them?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Things that are frozen when you buy them have an expiration date based on them remaining frozen, so you can't add time because they were frozen. The expiration date can be fudged a little, but a month is probably too long.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I think the fish is okay. Don't eat the hotdogs though

0|0
    0|0
    • Definitely not eating the hotdogs haha, I'm honestly a bit disgusted that its all still there. I know we dont use that freezer often (we have two) but christ in a bucket, there are limits.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 7

• Its fine. As long as its packaged right, the only thing that might be off is the flavour. I've eaten fish that was in the freezer well over a year no problem.

0|1
    0|0
  • If you're certain that they were kept completely frozen then they're probably OK. Break off a small portion, cook thoruoghly, eat and wait three hours. That'll tell the tale.

0|0
    0|0
  • yeah the fish is good, and betting if the dogs were frozen they probably are too

0|0
    0|0
  • not worth the risk

0|0
    0|0
  • Only one way to find out...

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm honestly not sure

0|0
    0|0
  • with frozen stuff if its expired dont try it

0|0
    0|0
    • Isn't it... usually the other way around? Freezing shit preserves it...

• not if you bought it frozen

• freezing fresh stuff or freshly cooked yes not stuff thats all ready frozen when payed for it

What Girls Said 1

• I think it's ok. If it's nit you're probably just gonna shit liquids for like 2 days so no biggie

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes