Do you believe that sugar addiction is real?

Do you believe that a addiction to sugar is real or not?

"In fact, sugar is believed to be eight times more addictive than cocaine. Some people are more sensitive than others, but the more sugar you eat, the more likely it has taken hold of your addictive pathways and is driving you to eat — and drink — far too much.

When sugar hits the bloodstream, it stimulates release of a brain chemical called dopamine, which makes you feel good. The feeling is usually short-lived."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-3673233/The-15-signs-sugar-addict.html

2125

Most Helpful Girl

• Yep.

Im addicted to sugar.

Not nearly as much now, I've almost obliterated added sugars from my diet (i can't resist making my hot cuppa sweeter) but just a couple years ago i was adding table spoons of sugar to my weetbix. I was drinking at least three pepsis a day. Dare iced coffee. Insurmountable amounts of chocolate.
    I was a sugar fiend.
    Yet somehow my teeth are fine and i am shit at taking care of them.

Sugar is addictive.

If i start filling myself up on it again it will take me a long arse time to stop.
    Although there's no way im going back to the pepsis.

Most Helpful Guy

• I believe it is nonsense.
    Shit ton of things cause dopamine to release, it does not mean that continuing what you like to do is an "addiction".
    Addiction is a biological dependency.

Some time ago I used to drink 2 liters of cola literally every day and then I have transitioned to low carb, sugar free diet overnight without any issues.
    So that "eight times more addictive than cocaine" is clearly just a bunch of hogwash or I'm "one of those people which this made up addiction does not affect at all".