Do you like cilantro?

I read a study on how cilantro tastes to you has a lot to do with your genes. Scientists were able to pin down most cilantro haters as people with a shared group of olfactory-receptor genes, called OR6A2, that pick up on the smell of aldehyde chemicals. Aldehyde chemicals are found in both cilantro and soap.

If you are one of those anti-cilantro folks, at least you know that it’s not really your fault and you can blame your parents.
  • Yesss. It's soo yummy
  • No. It tastes like soap.
  • Never tried cilantro before.
    Vote C

1929

Most Helpful Guy

• HOLY SHIT
    THATS WHY MY CHINESE FOOD TASTES LIKE DISH SOAP

Most Helpful Girl

• It's weird, when I eat store bought cilantro I enjoy it and it tastes good in guac or in a burrito, but I decided to grow some myself since it's so easy, and it tasted like soap.