Do you like cilantro?

I read a study on how cilantro tastes to you has a lot to do with your genes. Scientists were able to pin down most cilantro haters as people with a shared group of olfactory-receptor genes, called OR6A2, that pick up on the smell of aldehyde chemicals. Aldehyde chemicals are found in both cilantro and soap.

If you are one of those anti-cilantro folks, at least you know that it’s not really your fault and you can blame your parents.
  • Yesss. It's soo yummy
    Vote A
  • No. It tastes like soap.
    Vote B
  • Never tried cilantro before.
    Vote C
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

1|0

Most Helpful Guy

• HOLY SHIT
    THATS WHY MY CHINESE FOOD TASTES LIKE DISH SOAP

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• It's weird, when I eat store bought cilantro I enjoy it and it tastes good in guac or in a burrito, but I decided to grow some myself since it's so easy, and it tasted like soap.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 28

What Girls Said 18

• Cilantro as in coriander? I love the stuff :D

0|0
    0|0
  • Coriander? No πŸ˜‘ It's filth and thankfully is advertised as such in our supermarket

0|0
    0|0
  • I choose no but I don't think it tastes like soap. I only like very small amounts of it. If a recipe calls for 2 tbsp. I only use 1.

0|0
    0|0
  • No it's horrible it sucks because it's hard to eat Mexican food because the taste of soap just overwhelms everything else I did know about the gene thing though. Apparently it's also true with watermelon and cucumber both of which I hate

0|0
    0|0
  • It really tastes like soap and it's so annoying because when I get salads and stuff it's always cut into super tiny pieces and then I can't remove it...

0|0
    0|0
  • I like it, but it's one of those vegetables that has to be really fresh to be good.

0|0
    0|0
  • I hate cilantro!!! It really does taste like soap!! It's pretty though but YUCK

1|0
    0|0
  • I hate cilantro but I don't think it tastes or smells like soap it's just gross.

0|0
    0|0
  • I can NOT stand the taste of cilantro. It tastes weird.

0|0
    0|0
  • I love the taste of cilantro! Lol

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't like it but it doesn't taste like soap

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm sure it's not that bad!

0|0
    0|0
  • love it so much