I'm against alcohol, would it be okay to drink wine?

I've always said things like "I'm never going to drink alcohol", and surely enough, I never have. I'm 15 years old and I'm thoroughly against all of that stuff. But I keep asking myself if drinking wine is any different than beer or strong drinks.

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Wine is alcoholic, so if you really are serious about never drinking alcohol, then drinking wine would be breaking that pledge. Wine might be a "finer," more "cultivated" form of alcohol, but it's still alcohol.

I suppose the question is more why you don't want to drink alcohol. If it's because you don't want to get drunk, then you're probably not going to get drunk off a single glass of wine.

Personally, I don't drink alcohol at all -- not because of any principles or anything, but because I just don't like it. I'll admit I can't stand the taste of wine at all... I find it too sour and acidic.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Wine is not fundamentally different from beer and "strong drinks". All alcoholic beverages come from yeast eating sugar and pooping ethyl alcohol. The question is, where does the sugar come from? With wine, it's grape juice. With beer, it's barley malt. Various hard liquors start with different sources. Tequila is made with agave while rum is made from sugar cane, for example. What makes wine so special? (That's not rhetorical… I actually am curious why you think so.)

0|0
    0|0
    • Not quite sure, just seems like people who drink alcohol always make excuses for wine, saying things like "Jesus drank it so its ok" or "its just grape juice" things like that.

• I don't feel I need to make an excuse to enjoy alcoholic beverages, though I certainly don't care if someone wants to abstain. But what makes you actually *against* it? That's pretty strongly worded. Does that apply for everyone or is that personal?

I think there's good reason to think Jesus drank more than just wine, based on what he says about himself. And wine is *fermented* grape juice. Anyone who thinks it's just grape juice is kidding themselves. Or, as you say, making an excuse.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 7

• Well wine is a form of alcohol. It will give you the same effects if you consume too much of it. Though drinking red wine (pinot noir) is actually somewhat beneficial for you. It contains higher concentrations of resveratrol.

0|0
    0|0
  • Drink plain grape juice... while wine is not a strong drink... it's still alcohol and it can still be addictive which is not good.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's the same shit and it's illegal (you're 15) so yeah..

0|0
    0|0
  • Wine has some alcohol in it but not as high as a percentage as other things like straight liquor

0|0
    0|0
  • Wine is alcohol. So, if you're against alcohol, why would you want to drink wine?

0|0
    0|0
  • Wine is Alcohol.

0|0
    0|0
  • Wine is still considered to be alcohol

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 11

• Well Wine contains alcohol but sonce i was like 14 my mother allowed to me to have a glass at dinner. if you're drinking it to compliment a meal I'd say that's fine but if you're against alcohol don't drink it amy other time.

0|0
    0|0
  • All alcohol is the same and have the same effects upon the body, it's just that some are stronger than others. I wouldn't mind drinking alcohol if it was in a party or something and I would keep myself in check to make sure I don't go overboard. If you truly want to drink wine:
    •First of all wait till you're 21 (it's illegal not to 🙃 lol)
    •Drink it sparingly/ do not make it a part of your daily life. Do it at parties of social gatherings and every once in while.
    Just stay safe bro

0|0
    0|0
  • Problem with drinking at your age is it is all a big pissing match. Everyone is hypercompetitive and insecure and ends up with their face in a toilet. Id suggest (if you're curious) have a half glass of wine, watch a movie at home and see how you feel. you'll be fine. Binge drinking is stupid.

0|0
    0|0
  • No, wine is typically 15% or more by volume. this is significantly more than beer and can get you quite drunk if you drink more than a few glasses.
    ~JSmith

0|0
    0|0
  • Wine isn't as bad as other alcohol. It tastes better then most other forms of alcohol in my opinion. And some studies say small amounts are good for you. Really, it's the only alcohol I actually enjoy.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's really not worth it to drink alcohol until you're older because alcohol tastes absolutely putrid, it tastes better in later years.

0|0
    0|0
  • In my opinion wine is still considered alcohol.

0|0
    0|0
  • No..

0|0
    0|0
  • Lol, you know that wine is alcohol?

0|0
    0|0
  • drink beer it won't get u drunk that fast

0|0
    0|0
  • The wine mentioned in religious text is basically just grape juice and barely had any alcohol compared to today's wine

0|0
    0|1

Recommended myTakes