Can hot dogs be eaten raw?

77

Most Helpful Girl

• I eat em raw... I never got sick from it... Sometimes I don't wanna wait for them to boil. and sometimes I just wake up in the middle of the night and shove one in my mouth cuas I'm hungry lol. depends on the ones u get. I ate one raw that was a different brand one time and it was gritty..
    .. I don't know I guess I'm weird

Most Helpful Guy

• Most "hot dog" wieners come precooked, but there are a lot of other sausage varieties that do need to be cooked as they're made from fresh, raw pork, beef or chicken. To be safe check the package, if it says cook before consuming, then you had better cook them!