Would you try Scrapple?

Scrapple, also known by the Pennsylvania Dutch name Pannhaas or "pan rabbit", is traditionally a mush of pork scraps and trimmings combined with cornmeal and wheat flour, often buckwheat flour, and spices. The mush is formed into a semi-solid congealed loaf, and slices of the Scrapple are then pan-fried before serving. Scraps of meat left over from butchering, not used or sold elsewhere, were made into Scrapple to avoid waste. Scrapple is best known as an American food of the Mid-Atlantic states (Delaware, Maryland, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, and Virginia). Scrapple and panhaas are commonly considered an ethnic food of the Pennsylvania Dutch, including the Mennonites and Amish. Scrapple is found in supermarkets throughout the region.

It's also sold in southern states and typically a breakfast dish. It tastes very meaty, I love it though. What do you think? Would you try it?

This is what it looks like before it's cooked:
Would you try Scrapple?
Cooked:
Would you try Scrapple?Would you try Scrapple?

You can put either ketchup or syrup on it.
--------------------

02

Most Helpful Guy

• Wow! That's interesting. I've never heard of it. Yes, I would try it! I'll try any food at least once.

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 1

• that actually sounds really good. i love pork more than chicken honestly.