Why does a round pizza come in a square box anyway?

615

Most Helpful Girl

• Why do people always say pizza boxes are squares when they are actually rectangular prisms?

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 5

• I'm guessing because it's easier to take the pieces out of the box but idek

• Thanks for the laugh 👌🏻💯

• How high are you

• The world may never know.

• Tires are also shipped in square boxes. lol

What Guys Said 14

• copy and pasted the first thing that came up on google

Because it is simpler, cheaper and easier to make a square box than a round one (a square box can be formed from a single sheet of card ) and also it is easier to store, transport and pack square boxes which will remain in a flat state until needed and are quickly assembled at point of use.

• Exactly, my thoughts as well, these are hard facts. They could make round boxes if you want to pay double for your pizza!

• Round boxes that offer the same defensive qualities as square boxes would require too much tweaking and supervision to make sure the geometry adds up, thus making manufacturing more strenuous (and probably expensive) than necessary.
    (I think Planet Dolan did a video on this)

• I've always thought it's because it's easier to make square boxes rather than circle boxes.

• because it's not possible to make a circle or a box that folds together it have to be an octagon or hexagon.

• Because square boxes are much easier to make and mass produce than round boxes, something that's needed due to the high demand for pizzas.

• Because it's trickier to make round boxes and also trickier to make square pizzas.

• Can you imagine putting a round pizza in a round box, how the fuck would you ever get it out? What am I gonna do as the delivery driver? Take my wheels off and replace them with your pizza box?

• *rectangular... because they are easy to make

• Why are u like this?

• Because who makes round boxes lol

• never thought about it

• square boxes are easily made.

• Cause a box is easier to make than a circle.

• How many boxes are round?