If you're a vegetarian may I ask what your reason is for not eating meat?

I'm just curious because meat has good protein for the human body

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Tons of things have protein for the body, chickpeas have large amount of protein as well as lentils and such. I still eat meat but maybe like 3 times a month and only beef. Im trying to go vegan again but right now it's hard since I'm not working. When you are vegan you eat more. I do it for ethical reasons and because meat isn't healthy for you. It has tons of drug medicine and antibiotics in the meat tons of hormones as well. I don't eat cheese and that took me a while because I was addicted to it. Now I can't eat it

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 12

• I'm not completely a vegetarian but I avoid eating meat because it disgusts me and is harmful for the environment. Unfortunately I don't live by myself and have to cook meals for my sisters who are still kids and need the protein. I don't have much time to make enough vegetables to supply the protein I would need if I completely stopped eating meat, which is why I still eat it, but in all honesty meat disgusts me.

1|1
    0|0
  • I am not a vegetarian but it's been scientifically proven that humans are not meant to eat meat because if we were we would be able to eat it raw like almost every other animal
    What am I talking about tho I luv bacon ;)

2|3
    1|1
    • "... it's been scientifically proven that humans are not meant to eat meat..."

And this research is published where?

• Uhm excuse me, even in the prehistory humans ate meat? and who said it wasn't raw?

• Meat gives you some nutrients that veggies can't., I like meat poultry and fish and is part of life feeding cycle. Is not that poor animals. Of course poor them but you need meat in your system even if it is little.

Take a look at this I found

www.timberlineknolls.com/.../

0|2
    0|0
  • I eat minimal meat, if my husband would agree to it I'd happily go vegetarian but I can't be bothered to cook two meals.
    Main reason is ethics, and there are forms of suitable protein

1|0
    0|0
  • I don't eat meat because I feel bad for the animal I'm eating even though they are still dead weather I easy then or not I want to respect them

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm not a vegetarian because it would be hard on my family, but I would if I could. Have you seen the way animals are treated in factories? And also, what are hot dogs made of? Pork? Beef? Dogs? Exactly.

0|0
    0|0
    • Oh, and I have a solution. I go to butcher shops that own their own farms and humanely butcher the animals. People say they feel bad for the animal's lives being wasted, but half of them down know how inhumane these facilities are.

• i think animals have a life and that we shouldn't use their lives for our own benefit x

0|1
    0|0
  • I at first did it to try and loose weight but then when I told my parents they laughed at me so I did it to prove them wrong.

0|0
    0|0
  • resist need to murder other life forms , weight control and don't enjoy taste

0|0
    0|0
  • I like bacon

0|0
    0|0
  • I grew up next to a place that would send animals to slaughter houses and it was just horrible to see these animals one day and not see them the next I did move when I was about 13 and became a vegan at 14! I've been a vegan for almost 5 years now :)

0|0
    0|0
  • There's no need to eat meat and kill animals. Every nutrient they provide can be found in other products

0|1
    0|1

What Guys Said 7

• most say for health reasons or meat is unhealthy. such people are idiots it's not the meat that's the issue it's what we humans do to fuck with the balance. by filling it with chemicals etc.

others give some moral bullshit while they are eating food that could go to animals and that farmers kill to keep from eating such plant life so either way it's hilariously hypocritical

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm by no means a vegi, I love meat, but red meats are not very healthy for you because of the fat they contain that causes heart disease, chicken and fish are much better for you. red meat fills you up fast in a way that's not comforting

0|0
    0|0
  • Anything in meat can be replaced with non-animal product. The main reason is ethics. I'm currently not vegetarian tho, but I eat quite a little of meat.

0|0
    0|0
  • Being vegetarian has significant health benefits
    It really does

1|1
    0|0
  • The taste of meat disgusts me, haven't eaten meat ever since I was a child.

0|0
    0|0
  • Balanced breakfast

0|0
    0|0
  • Because they're idiots who don't truly understand nutrition.

0|0
    0|0
    • Come on man no one is an idiot for deciding how they want to live there life

• They are if it's bad for them, especially when they think it's good.

Recommended myTakes