I drank unsweetened almond milk that was opened 3 weeks ago. Will I get sick?

I had some almond milk in my fridge and I drank a whole cup. It tasted fine, but since I opened it over 3 weeks ago, I'm worried it'll make me sick. Packaging says to use it 7-10 days after opening

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• it should be fine. almond milk sometimes lasts for a year if the manufacturers aren't pressured by law to put a close expiration date on it.

explanation:

almond milk is not like normal milk in that it can clott easily. normal milk is a bassic substance, meaning it's pH values are higher than water. when milk clotts it has become sour. the bassic properties of the milk have changed. with almond milk however because of its different bassic vallues and processing, clots way less fast than normal milk due to less bacteria and more neutral pH values. if you want to see what I mean. put lemon in boiling water with milk. it clots imediately.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Probably not

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 3

• why can't I say you gonna die girl?
    why am I always trying to help?
    I hate to be good :(

0|0
    0|0
  • Haha

0|0
    0|0
  • Almond milk is vile when fresh, got only knows how it tastes when it's past it

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

Recommended myTakes