Pineapple haters say fruits don't belong on Pizza?

The statement "Fruits don't belong on Pizza!" is the most ridiculous, unintelligent statement I've ever heard. If fruits don't belong on pizza then say goodbye to the following toppings: fresh tomatoes, sun-dried tomatoes, cherry tomatoes, any tomato based sauce, green olives, black olives, kalamata olives, green peppers, hot banana peppers, roasted red peppers, and jalapeno peppers. This short list of favorite toppings are all fruits!
Updates:
Exactly, glad you agree, there's nothing dinner than not having tomatoes, olives and any kind of pepper's on pizza!
damn phone auto correct... dinner = dumber

1|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Tbh, I like Italian style pizza better, but pineapple on a pizza tastes good too. And I've never really heard that argument before. The only one I've heard is that only Italian pizza is real pizza, and American pizza rather a pie than a pizza.

0|0
    0|0
    • Pizza as we know it was invented by a jew in New York city, Neapolitan pizza is the more traditional Italian pizza in some ways not unlike North American pizza and yet quite different using fresh mozzarella, basil, dry cured meats etc...

Most Helpful Guy

• Pineapples are SWEET. Tomatoes have a SAVORY flavor.

Personally, I don't like sweet on my pizza. I want spicy and savory. We can agree to disagree.

1|1
    0|0
    • As a chef we know that tomatoes in general actually add a sweet flavor to a dish, however my point wasn't to promote pineapple, just that it was an unintelligent thing to say that fruit doesn't belong on pizza. Sounds like you'd miss the fruits tomatoes & peppers on your pizza!

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 12

• That's a really bad argument... first I've never said fruit doesn't belong on pizza. I've said pineapples don't belong on pizza. Why? Because its awful... pineapples baked with cheese and tomato sauce. No...

1|0
    0|0
    • A perfectly valid argument, and I'm not promoting pineapple although it's been a popular topping on Hawaiian pizza for over 40 years. On another post several said fruit doesn't belong on pizza which would exclude from pizza tomatoes & all tomato products, all peppers and all olives as they're all fruits!

• Its really the only topping I can think of that I like on other stuff but not with pizza. Generally I don't like belle peppets on pizza , but then I don't like them on anything... not just pizza. I love pineapples and I love pizza just not together.

• Nothing wrong with liking it. It's an American Pizza, which is very different to the Italian pizza - America also likes more sauce, thicker dough, a million spices and fake cheese.
    It's just a variation.

I don't like sweet fruit ( apples, sultanas, apricots, ... that kind of thing) it personal choice.

0|0
    0|0
  • I have no problem with any tomatoes (not too fond of olives but that's another story).

Pineapple, though... IT HAS A COMPLETELY DIFFERENT TASTE. To me, it's not that fruit doesn't belong on pizza, it's just that PINEAPPLE doesn't belong on pizza.

0|0
    0|0
    • I'm not a huge fan of Hawaiian pizza, but it's been around and popular for over 40 years so one must figure to be popular for that long many must like it.

My point is that it's rather unintelligent to make a blanket statement that fruits don't belong on pizza.

• Good to know. Thank you for the list of fruit-based pizza toppings.

Pineapple is still gross.

0|2
    0|0
  • Really. The most unintelligent statement you've ever heard? πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ can't think of something dumber

0|0
    1|0
  • I just don’t think pineapples belong on a pizza, those other things are delicious but I hate pineapple on my pizza

0|0
    0|0
  • I just don't care for pineapples on my pizza. I love the both of them but not to eat them together

0|0
    0|0
  • Fruit doesn't belong on pizza

0|0
    1|0
    • So you don't think tomatoes or tomato based sauce, peppers or olives belong on pizza as they're all fruits!

• Chadster, give up. Fruit just doesn't belong on pizza. Accept the hard truth and move on.

• You need to accept the hard truth... pizza without tomato sauce and olives just isn't a pizza!

• There's a lot of crazy in the world

0|0
    0|0
  • I love pineapple on my pizza.

1|0
    0|0
  • Fruit shouldn't be cooked!

0|0
    0|0
    • So no apple pie (basically any pie containing fruit), jam, fruit cake, Christmas pudding, fruit sauces or condiments, fruit glazes on meat or fruit bread for you then.

• Show All
    • I don't like pies or jam. Not a fan of sweet sauces. So yeah I can live life without that.

• Of course that wouldn't be living life... that would be just barely surviving!

• Pineapple on pizza is the only time that I will ever willingly eat pineapple and it tastes really nice but generally speaking I'm not that much of a fan of pizza unless it's deep pan with either cheese, meat or Hawaiian style.
    I despise peppers and olives but I really like tomatoes so I'd have said that by default (since tomatoes are in the sauce) that fruit should be allowed on pizza and that considering that I have a sweet tooth it's not surprising that I like pineapple on it.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 9

• It just sounds ignorant when people say you're not allowed to like certain things, or bash it because it's the popular thing to bash

0|0
    0|0
  • Those fruit hating people are a cancer to the world. They need to be rounded up and sent to a colony in Siberia so we never hear them poison the world with their thoughts again

1|0
    0|1
  • I love pineapple on pizza. I can understand if other people may not like it, but to go as far as saying "it doesn't belong on pizza" is bullshit.

0|0
    0|1
  • ok. fruits that taste like fruits don't belong on pizza.

0|0
    0|0
  • Damn dude, you could've just said tomatoes, olives and peppers.

0|0
    0|0
  • Done with your rant? Please move on

0|0
    1|0
  • let them say it, i know whats good.

0|0
    0|0
  • So funny dude

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes