Pineapple haters say fruits don't belong on Pizza?

The statement "Fruits don't belong on Pizza!" is the most ridiculous, unintelligent statement I've ever heard. If fruits don't belong on pizza then say goodbye to the following toppings: fresh tomatoes, sun-dried tomatoes, cherry tomatoes, any tomato based sauce, green olives, black olives, kalamata olives, green peppers, hot banana peppers, roasted red peppers, and jalapeno peppers. This short list of favorite toppings are all fruits!
Exactly, glad you agree, there's nothing dinner than not having tomatoes, olives and any kind of pepper's on pizza!
damn phone auto correct... dinner = dumber

1310

Most Helpful Girl

• Tbh, I like Italian style pizza better, but pineapple on a pizza tastes good too. And I've never really heard that argument before. The only one I've heard is that only Italian pizza is real pizza, and American pizza rather a pie than a pizza.

• Pizza as we know it was invented by a jew in New York city, Neapolitan pizza is the more traditional Italian pizza in some ways not unlike North American pizza and yet quite different using fresh mozzarella, basil, dry cured meats etc...

Most Helpful Guy

• Pineapples are SWEET. Tomatoes have a SAVORY flavor.

Personally, I don't like sweet on my pizza. I want spicy and savory. We can agree to disagree.

• As a chef we know that tomatoes in general actually add a sweet flavor to a dish, however my point wasn't to promote pineapple, just that it was an unintelligent thing to say that fruit doesn't belong on pizza. Sounds like you'd miss the fruits tomatoes & peppers on your pizza!