• I can make some delicious pasta and other cool lunches
    Vote C
  • I only make 5 star meals every day, every time
    Vote D
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I actually find it hard to use a microwave but I can cook hard boiled eggs and vegetarian spaghetti Bolognese and risotto and that's about it though I had to do Food Tech when I was 11 until I was 14 but I was rubbish at cooking and I still am (we had to make scones which I put lemon and orange zest in and that was when I learnt that I am terrible at cooking- I managed to burn potatoes when I attempted to cook a Christmas dinner last year- my mum had to intervene).
    I can make cakes though but then again they're fairly easy to make.

0|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Not to sound arrogant, but having been a chef for many years, I'm pretty picky about food. I'm not above a TV dinner now and then, but I make 99β„… of my meals from scratch. I've had a lot of compliments over the years. At one time I thought of opening a restaurant but I never did.

1|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 6

• I can cook salads πŸ˜„, soups, pasta, fry/boil/bake potatoes (I guess that's a pre-intermediate level) but I'm too lazy to cook for myself, so I'd end up eating sandwiches and drinking coffee πŸ˜…

0|1
    0|0
    • Haha, at least you're honest πŸ˜‚ Still, you got better cooking skills than me, guys love girls that can cook lol πŸ‘

• Show All
    • I meant to say that I need to learn how to cook soon, because in a year or two I'm moving out of my parents house. I can't have my mom's tasty cooking forever lol

• Ohh I see :) yep, do itπŸ˜„

• I can do about anything with a recipe, but nowhere near five star meals. πŸ˜„

0|1
    0|0
  • I'm no Gordon Ramsey but I'm a pretty decent cook so I'll say I make 4 star meals.

0|2
    0|0
  • I feel like I can cook anything because it's just following directions

1|1
    0|0
  • C with some D lol, cooking really isn't that hard honestly follow a recipe and have some essential seasonings on hand and that's it

0|1
    0|0
  • I guess a 2.5, based on your scale

1|1
    0|0

What Guys Said 4

• Don't take my vote to heart. I say I can cook five star meals everyday. I do get a lot of advice and tips from family though. Unless I'm baking, I don't often use recipes.

0|1
    0|0
  • How the fuck did you people grow up and not learn how to cook?

0|0
    0|1
    • Because if you aren't taught from a young age or have parental supervision then people won't teach themselves to cook (I think it's because parents are too busy or they bubble wrap their kids).
      Also some schools don't have the equipment to teach students how to cook.

• @WildStarMagic Anybody with cable can turn on the food channel! There's so many recipes online! There isn't an excuse!

• But the question is how many people are actually going to do that unless they are really into food and trying new things.
      I watch cooking programs myself but I don't try to make any of the things they make because most of the time it would involve going to the shops and buying food stuff from scratch (have you seen how expensive some of the ingredients they used can be?).
      Some people are absolute foodies but others (like myself) aren't and the people that are foodies would be more inclined to follow the recipes and make the food anyway.
      Also, some people don't have TV's and would only be able to go online because they'd use their phones and anyway who would actively seek out recipes if they have no interest in cooking in the first place?
      I wouldn't, well I look through recipe books under the lines of "I'm hungry but it's too early for food so I'm going to tide my hunger by watching a cooking program or reading this recipe book".
      I'm just happy with beans on toast and stuff like it.

• Sandwiches and cereal are my best friends

0|1
    0|0
  • I can do very little, but enough for me to survive

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes