Is the drinking age in your country appropriate?

• Yes
    Vote A
  • No, it should be lower
    Vote B
  • No, it should be higher
    Vote C
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Yeah, more or less. In the US it's 21 and I think that's fine. I don't drink so, it doesn't matter too much to me. I believe it's 21 because the body for men and women, at least for the most part, is already fully developed. That way, alcohol won't have negative effects when it comes to hindering development or anything.

2|0
    0|0
    • Okay, here's my problem with that.

The government wants me to have all the responsibility of adulthood at my age, but not all of the privileges? That's not right. They do this because they are petty and like to nickel and dime the citizenry who they've already taxed to death and it's still not enough for them.

The US government was always meant to be very small but a bunch of busybodies in the early 20th century made it WAAAAY bigger than it ever was supposed to be. This is apart of the American's life the government should stay out of. When will the American man once more say "Don't tread on me?"

Most Helpful Girl

• It's 21 here. I think 21 is okay for beer and wine. I feel like it should be 25 for hard liquor. But that's wishful thinking. It'll never happen.

0|0
    0|0
    • That's way too high. Why do you want more bureaucrats and petty tyrants taking people's freedoms away? We should be telling them to fuck off with their highway funding withholding and fuck off with their sin taxes too. How dare these people continue to bend over the American people. It's absurd.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 13

• it's 18 in public places but at home everything is legal, usually teens start drinking at 14 but it's limited to beer or wine/liquor so I guess it's fine

0|0
    0|0
  • I live in the US and I can't say I like the fact that you can fuck up your lungs anywhere, at anytime and become addicted to doing just that before you can stay home and have a few drinks with your friends responsibly or be stupid and get arrested for being under the influence in public. The US drinking age is 21 and for smoking, it's 19.

0|0
    0|1
    • 19? Here in NE, I went to a hookah lounge a few days after I turned 18.

I'm pretty sure only states as cucked as HI and CA have raised smoking ages.

• AL has as well as of a couple years ago.

• I'm from America and I don't think you should be able to be drafted for war three years before you can legally have a beer.

1|0
    0|0
  • People are so dumb just because you can drink alcohol doesn't mean you have to. There is no obligation in society to drink alcohol.

Ignore pro alcohol douchebags.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's a high school graduation gift, after 12 years of studying, take 2 months off and enjoy fine Canadian Beer.

0|0
    0|0
  • Everybody ignores it and does what they want anyway.

0|0
    0|0
  • from where I am it's 18 for wine 21 for beer n 25 for other
    fucked up

0|0
    0|0
  • I could care less about the drinking age the gov could make it age 12 for all I care.

0|0
    0|0
  • In my country Its 18.. its okay..

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah 18. Very reasonable

0|0
    0|0
  • sweden 21

0|0
    0|0
  • I think so

0|0
    0|0
  • It's 18 right now I think it should be 16

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 8

• I think the drinking age is appropriate it's the person drinking that needs to be responsible.

1|1
    0|0
  • 16 for beer and champagne and 18 for everything else here

0|0
    0|0
  • It's 18 but everyone under it already does it but it's okay

0|0
    0|0
  • I am only 15 but I think it should be 18 everywhere.

0|0
    0|0
  • Well its 19 here, but I think it should be higher.

0|0
    0|0
  • Here it's 18

0|0
    0|0
  • Drinking age here is 21

0|0
    0|0
  • It's 18, but everyone here drinks before that. I personally drink from 2 y. o. so as long as there's someone to buy you alcohol..

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes