Is it true Coca-Cola has cocaine in their drinks?

Or Is it just myth that Coca-Cola has that in their ingredients? Does Coca-Cola still have it in their drinks?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

• in the past they did but they changed it up with caffeine because apparently it has a similar effect but less powerful.

0|1
    0|0
    • So it was actually true but they had changed their recipe for making coke

• Show All
    • So originally Coca-Cola was a medicine?

• yes and cocaine in general was used as a medicine in the 17th or 18th century but it was stopped because of it addiction problem.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 6

• it had it back in the day. now the ingredients go through a different process so there are no traces of cocaine or anything of the sort

0|1
    0|0
    • So it was true that they had it in their drinks back in the old days

• So it wasn't a myth and a rumor?

• yeah, you can look it up. there were traces. not like they purposely dumped cocaine in there to get high, but back in the day they used cocaine for a lot of recreational purposes

• Cocaine and the coca leaves aren't the exact same thing. And they don't even use the leaves anymore.

0|1
    0|0
    • So it wasn't a myth and rumor about Coca-Cola and was true at one time back in the old days

• I know they did waaaaay back.. its not a myth.. but Shit I Hope They Still Do

0|1
    0|0
  • Not anymore.

0|1
    0|0
  • At one point yes. That's where the name came from.

0|1
    0|0
  • I doubt that's a real thing

0|0
    1|0

What Guys Said 14

• Not any more. They don't have Cola nuts in them either- both ingredients got replaced with cheaper, artificial industrial substitutes to boost profit margins a long time ago.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes, Coca-Cola did have cocaine in it, see this link: http://www.snopes.com/cokelore/cocaine.asp

0|1
    0|0
  • not anymore. early 1900s yes, but then we found out that angel dust is bad for you

0|1
    0|0
  • They used to but I'm pretty sure they don't anymore. How do you think it got "Coca" and the nickname of Coke

0|1
    0|0
  • no not anymore but they did have it in it at one point

0|1
    0|0
  • that was back in the 1920s and 30s not anymore tho... it wasn't even soda then...

0|1
    0|0
  • I don't know if they do or not now but in the fifties they did

0|1
    0|0
  • Coca-Cola is the only American company that is allowed to put Coca leaf extract in their drinks.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yeah long time ago though

0|1
    0|0
  • Where do you think the "Coca" part comes from?

0|1
    0|0
  • Yeah

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes, it's true

0|1
    0|0
  • It used to but not anymore

0|1
    0|0
  • It is true