How long does it take you to eat a meal?

I'm a slow eater, so I want to work on eating quicker. First I need to know what the baseline normal time is that I need to work towards.

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I'd say about 30 minutes is average since most schools have lunch anywhere up to 20-40 min. An hour is the average like for a restaurant to an hour and a half but they are preparing your food... just eating should take about 10-30 min alone for any meal. snacks 5-15 min

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Just focus on swallowing the food quicker. Like I'll swallow near immediately.

0|0
    0|0
    • I'm afraid I'll choke

• We'll chew it if it's hard food but for like pasta just swallow it cause it's soft. Take a few bites and swallow with pasta. Normal food eat normally. Fast eating doesn't really matter.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 7

• Depends on what it is and how much of it is. I'm not a super fast eater either. Unless I'm just that hungry.

0|1
    0|0
  • I'm a slow eater too. When it comes to eating, i like to take my time.

0|0
    0|0
  • 20-25 minutes. If it's non vegetarian dish, it takes me half an hour.

0|1
    0|0
  • 5 minutes 😂 I love food

0|1
    0|0
  • 10 to 15 minutes maybe longer I'm a slow eater to

0|1
    0|0
  • like 10minutes... 20 if I'm really slow

0|0
    0|0
  • It really depends how big the meal is and what the meal is. But for me, it takes an average of more than half an hour to chow down a meal of rice+veggies+meat. But overall, it should normally take 20-25 minutes in my opinion. Not too fast, you might suffer from indigestion.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 3

• 5-10 minutes... I went to a military school for the past 4 years and that's what we had to do so...

0|0
    0|0
  • It really depends on how hungry I am and how much I like that meal my man.

0|0
    0|0
  • Slow eating is healthier.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes