Would you find different diets a crucial turn off?

I've been wondering would vegans, or any people with dietary regimens other than omnivore, be open to still date meat eaters or just in general people who have different diets than they do.

1636

Most Helpful Guy

• I do date meat eaters but don't prefer it, it's a pretty big turn off. I won't buy meat or cook it, and if I lived with someone who ate meat they would only eat it outside of the home. To understand, imagine dating someone who eats human flesh or cats and dogs.

• To be honest, if eating human meat would be legal, I wouldn't mind at all. Neither would I mind if my partner would eat cat or dog meat. I would mind hunting for either of those, but to eat meat from human, cat or dog who has died from natural causes wouldn't bother me. Meat is just meat for me. I avoid it in my own diet, but don't find anything wrong with eating meat.

• It's not safe to eat animals that die from natural causes

• @ling123 I'm not advocating it.

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm vegan and my boyfriend is a hardcore meat eater. We make it work, I don't freak out if I accidently get cheese on my food. Nobody is the perfect vegan or vegetarian. I don't make my boyfriend brush his teeth before kissing me after he ate meat. It's about comprising, and respecting others views.

• But isn't it expensive and time consuming to always have to make two meals instead of one? That's what I would be most worried about.

• No, I meant that isn't it expensive to always have to make both a vegan meal and an omnivore meal, instead of one meal only.

• In that aspect, yes.