Would you find different diets a crucial turn off?

I've been wondering would vegans, or any people with dietary regimens other than omnivore, be open to still date meat eaters or just in general people who have different diets than they do.

0|2

Most Helpful Guy

• I do date meat eaters but don't prefer it, it's a pretty big turn off. I won't buy meat or cook it, and if I lived with someone who ate meat they would only eat it outside of the home. To understand, imagine dating someone who eats human flesh or cats and dogs.

0|0
    1|0
    • To be honest, if eating human meat would be legal, I wouldn't mind at all. Neither would I mind if my partner would eat cat or dog meat. I would mind hunting for either of those, but to eat meat from human, cat or dog who has died from natural causes wouldn't bother me. Meat is just meat for me. I avoid it in my own diet, but don't find anything wrong with eating meat.

• Show All
    • It's not safe to eat animals that die from natural causes

• @ling123 I'm not advocating it.

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm vegan and my boyfriend is a hardcore meat eater. We make it work, I don't freak out if I accidently get cheese on my food. Nobody is the perfect vegan or vegetarian. I don't make my boyfriend brush his teeth before kissing me after he ate meat. It's about comprising, and respecting others views.

1|1
    0|0
    • But isn't it expensive and time consuming to always have to make two meals instead of one? That's what I would be most worried about.

• Show All
    • No, I meant that isn't it expensive to always have to make both a vegan meal and an omnivore meal, instead of one meal only.

• In that aspect, yes.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 35

• I wouldn't date a vegan/vegetarian personally. I love food too much and wouldn't be able to go to half of the fantastic restaurants I've been to.

I also don't want to cook two different meals every night after work.

2|1
    0|0
  • No. We both can eat what we want, because it doesn't affect the other person. (Unless it in extreme cases does, but that's…you know…extreme.)
    And someone, who doesn't understand this simple concept, is someone, who I wouldn't date.

0|0
    0|0
  • As long as she wasn't pressuring me into removing or adding certain foods that I don't either want to eat or relinquish, then I wouldn't mind it at all.
    It's fun adventuring and trying different things.

0|0
    0|0
  • I suppose a vegan would complicate things as far as eating goes, but I would be okay with it. Like for example it would make a quick stop to Mcdonalds a bit more inconvenient, unless she just wants to order a salad.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't think I'd date a vegan. I'd do vegetarian, but only if they aren't grossed out by me eating meat.

1|0
    0|0
    • I'm vegan and my boyfriend is a hardcore meat eater, we make it work. I don't find meat gross but I just don't like where it comes from. And no I don't make him brush his teeth after he ate meat.

• I could definitely deal with that.

• no as long as they let me eat what i wanna eat. (really annoys me when people tell me no girl would date me because i am a fussy eater).

1|0
    0|0
  • i am open to all sorts of diet if its cooked well,

just avoid insects, arthopodes, any little thing that can crawl.. i cannot digest them like @Unknowngaguser can

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't care... they could eat only mushroom pizza, so long as they doesn't make me abide by their diet lol

0|0
    0|0
    • Oh but I'm not a fancy water so this doesn't apply lol

• I am not much of a meat eater but i have no real preference about diet. Except barbeque! I could eat barbeque every day😍

0|0
    0|0
  • I would be so turned on if I met a woman who was on a vegan diet. Nothing hotter than the idea of her shoving celery sticks into her stomach

0|0
    0|0
  • If I was a vegan I wouldn't expect my partner to become a vegan. Then again I would probably only want to go out with vegans to make things easier.

1|0
    0|0
  • As long as I can keep eating what I eat, she can eat whatever she wants. lol

1|0
    0|0
  • I feel like it would be hard to date someone that is vegan or vegetarian

1|0
    0|0
  • It doesn't matter, You eat what you want and I eat what I want so no problem

1|0
    0|0
  • I wouldn't like it if someone was trying to change my diet. Food and sleep are some of the most valuable things in my eyes.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's easy to date vegetarians in California. Most restaurants here have good veggie alternatives.

0|0
    0|0
  • It should not be unless you try to shove your beliefs down my throat.

0|0
    0|0
  • As long as they accept what I eat and don't keep bringing it up, np.

0|0
    0|0
  • It wouldn't be a deal breaker but definitely prefer a vegetarian.

0|0
    0|0
  • No, I actually find veganism generally pretty fascinating.

0|1
    0|0
  • I eat all kinds of meat and only date other meat eaters. Jk, i prefer it tough..

0|0
    0|0
  • I eat what I eat and you do likewise. I eat a ton of meat because it makes it easy to stay lean.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't care. Just don't expect me to be the same as you.

0|0
    0|0
  • You eat what you want and I eat what I want so no problem

0|0
    0|0
  • i wouldn't care what diet she had as long as she didn't push it on me

0|0
    0|0
  • I think if some guy find diets a turn off, is being very petty like a little princess

0|0
    0|0
    • I think it can be justifiable by ethical choices or just plain economical choices, because always having to make two different meals is expensive, if neither wants to adjust their diet to the other one's needs. Which is also understandable.

• Show All
    • @JuanFrank7. I disagree.
      One of the problems with varying diets that are rooted in different life philosophies is that you will get friction eventually about them. It depends how you handle it, but practically speaking you're looking at two very different perspectives in life. For me, that struggle you'll deal with isn't interesting in the long term and I rather avoid it.

• That's oversimplifying it. Veganism is not a dietary preference, it's an ethical position. What you said would be saying to the average person "I think if some guy find eating cats and dogs a turn off, is being very petty like a little princess "

• guys who eat meat are gay *budum* *tsss*

0|2
    1|0
  • I'll eat what I want, I'll let them do the same

1|0
    0|0
  • Would you find turn off a crucial diet?

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah

0|0
    0|0
  • Show more from Guys

What Girls Said 15

• I'm vegan and have only dated meat eaters up to this point. I don't care as long as my partner doesn't eat a whole bunch of meat to where we can't have any meals together. As long as he accepts my ways I'll accept his. One boyfriend of mine actually went vegetarian for me and I told him not to because I don't want him to sacrifice that for me. I would like to find a vegan guy tho, it would make things easier

1|0
    0|0
  • Im vegetarian and I've dated many meat eating guys. I don't mind /won't judge what they're eating as long as they don't judge what I'm eating. You should love someone for who they are >>> don't try to change them or their lifestyle.

0|1
    0|0
  • I rather like eating vegan every now and again. It suits my dairy allergy/sensitivity very well. However, I can't do it all the time as I am VERY allergic to mushrooms and digest legumes very poorly. I love lentils and they just do not love me back.

0|0
    0|0
  • I've been a vegetarian for over 10 years and I wouldn't have a problem dating anyone that ate meat, but I will not cook/prepare it for them.

1|1
    0|0
  • I'm a vegan for ethical reasons and for me it could be a slight problem. Of course I know many omnivores and don't judge them for their decisions, but my values in life rely very strongly on the respect for every living thing, so in a romantic relationship our opinions would maybe differ too much. My current boyfriend is vegan as well and it's also just a lot more convenient being able to eat the same food.

I'm the kind of a person who gets really upset from seeing an injured bird and who captures every bug they see trapped inside a house to let them outside. The thought of mass produced animal based products is just beyond awful to me so dating a person who was fine with it, could be quite hard :)

0|1
    0|0
  • I'm not on any special diet but to date someone who is it might become an issue when eating together. However if that's the only issue I wouldn't say it's a deal breaker.

0|0
    0|0
  • I would be open to it but my flatmate is a veggie I guess when I'm around her I'm a 'guilt vegetarian' because I feel guilty eating meat in front of her so it's a bit weird

0|0
    0|0
  • If they are those very hardcore critical vegans that I've seen on YouTube, then dating them definitely won't happen unless you agree and adapt to their lifestyle completely. I'm sure there are some vegans who don't care what their partner eats and just sticks to the diet and foods they consume. My boyfriend is meat eater, if he decided he wanted to go full vegan or vegetarian (which will never happen even though he's been eating healthier lately), I would not mind the change what so ever. I would even eat some vegan foods he would eat cause I do actually like some vegan recipes, but if it becomes a go vegan or get out situation then we would have problems. I could never go full vegan or vegetarian, chicken, Turkey, Ham etc. has been in my life for years and is part of my family cooking.. we just love meat but know when to balance and eat our veggies and fruits.

0|0
    0|0
  • No not at all

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes. I am vegan and I prefer to date other vegans.

0|1
    0|0
  • I won't date a vegan/vegetarian

0|0
    0|1
  • Nope, just eat whatever keeps you going.

0|0
    0|0
  • No but it's frustrating to accommodate a meal

0|0
    0|0
  • no i don't care

0|0
    0|0
  • Nkt at all. I'm pretty tolerant of that

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes